ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hatsan .25 cal AT44S-10 Long Mods

Hi Have you tested the accuracy down range yet?

Did a bit of shooting at 50 yards in the Spring.... 25.4 gr. JSB Kings at ~960 fps from the bench....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

That's pretty good.. Thanks for doing the work tuning the at44, I plan on copying your work if you don't mind. I started with the valve stem (.090) and valve seat I drilled out a bit more.
    Thanks again
    Bob

Hey guys. Very nice tutorial.
    New here. I just completed this entire tune to my at44-10 .22 long but I don't have a chrony to test with but some day I hope to get one. Not sure what to do as all the tests posted in this thead are for the .25 version of this gun.My questions are:
    I'm looking to get about 900 ftps using either beeman kodiak 21.14 gr or crossman premeers 14.3 gr. What is the lowest bar level that will achieve 900 ftps in my situation?
    I'm thinking about putting a regulator on it and would like to set it to maximise my shot count. What is the best one at this time to get? I'm leaning towards robert lanes on ebay???
    Having done this tune, how many turns should I adjust my hamer spring tension to maintane 900 ftps with regulator set at prescribed bar and likewise how many turns should I decide to forgo the regulator? I would hate to have air continue long after the pellet has left the barrel.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bruce

I suggest you get a Chrony.... trying to duplicate somebody else's results is almost impossible....

Bob

Thank you Bob for being so quick.
    You're right about the chrony but what do you think of the regulator? do you have a prefrance for any one regulator?
    Thanks.

I'm not keen on in-tube regulators, but then I'm not often after low-medium performance, which is where they excel.... By the time you leave a large enough plenum between the regulator and the valve for a powerful gun, your shot count is going to be dismal.... So that the pressure doesn't drop too much during the shot you need a plenum of about 1 cc for each FPE of power you want.... You're seeking 21 gr. @ 900+, so that is 40 FPE, so you need about 40 cc.... That is a chamber about 3" long in an AT44 tube, plus the length of the regulator (maybe 1.5-2") so you are going to lose about 5" of reservoir length, which is a lot....

I don't have any preference RE the different brands of in-tube regs. because I never use them....

Bob

Thank you for taking the time to give me a good argument against the regulator. As I said, I'm new and do respect your opinion. I have noticed some improvement in power after the mod so maybe just backing the hamer down a little will sufice for now, at least till I can save up for the chrony.
    Thank you much for you input.
    Bruce.

A you tube video of this entire process would be gold literally. Or a video you make and sell I would happily be your first customer .

4 year old post, don't even have the gun any more....

Bob

+ Reply to Thread