ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Contest Entries Posting Thread (here)...

Contest Entries Posting Thread (here)...

Post up your pictures and descriptions. Please use the "Insert Image" function on the forum, not pics on another server/service, as per the "rules".

Rules are here:

http://www.canadianairguns.com/showt...=4750#post4750

Have fun with it...

Where do I find this " Insert Image ' function and how do I use it?

El Slabb-o

Ok, well here is my custom CO2 entry..... Most of you guys have seen it by now. It's a Crosman 38T rebarreled in .22. It has valve work, a slab barrel shroud, sight rail/rib, tuned trigger, a 10 shot .357 magazine drilled to .22, custom target grips and a polished finish. All the work was done by me. Thanks for the consideration and for posting the contest.

airguns004.jpg
    DSCF7536.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rolfy View Post
    Where do I find this " Insert Image ' function and how do I use it?
    When in the "reply" window- hover over the icons above the box, third from the right is an "Insert Image" button- you can upload your pics and they will appear as cdnairgunner's have and can be clicked on for the "full size" version that was uploaded.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

photo.jpgcontest shot.jpgThis is my .177 QB tack driver. I put the bulk air tube on it, modified a springer stock to fit the action topped off with a Alpen 3x9x32 scope.

My first attemp at making a shooter better. 2240 - 14in. barrel - 3in. brass muzzle - Iagent walnut target grips. Sighting gear changes from 2.5 pistol scope to a 3x9x40 Leapers or a Tactedge R/G dot. Super accurate to 50yds.1-P1010498.JPG1-P1010560.JPG1-P1010908.jpg

1750 DPH Record Setter - 600+ FPE From 12 gr. CO2

Well, other than a nearly stock 1740, this is the only CO2 gun I have, so here goes.... I built it about three years ago, when Ken (ustilago) was making his Dual Power Hammers (DPH) for the 13XX and 22XX series guns.... This gun is a 2250 carbine, converted to an 18" long .177 barrel, and set up with a DPH, which allows full power, or reduced power (and great economy) depending on which of two hammer cocking positions you choose.... Here is a photo of the completed gun....

1750 DPH.jpg

While it may not look spectacular, the devil is in the details.... Yeah, it has a brass muzzle brake and barrel band I made, and the brass DPH.... and the skeleton stock has been customized to work better with the 2-7 x 32 AO Fitco scope.... However, it's the way this gun shoots that makes it special.... By playing with the low power range on the DPH (which incorporates an RVA) I was able to get the valve to be self-regulating over a WIDE range of temperatures.... What I mean is, the velocity stays relatively constant regardless of temperature.... Here is the proof....

1750 DPH9 Various Temps.jpg

On the "high power" setting, as the temperature falls, the velocity decreases, just as we would expect with CO2.... However, on the "low power" setting, the way I have it adjusted, the velocity is nearly the same (520-530 fps) at 46*F and 62*F, and only slightly LOWER (500-520 fps) at 75*F.... The gun also shoots about 500 fps right out of the fridge at about 35*F.... What changes with temperature is the number of shots, and that, again, is something pretty special.... It turns out that I was the first (and to my knowledge still the only) person to get over 600 FPE total energy from a single 12 gram CO2 powerlet.... this from Steve in NC (of HDD fame), who managed to get 552 FPE, and that was at 79*F.... At 75*F, I regularly get about 130 shots before the velocity drops off, at an average of about 510 fps with 7.9 gr. JSB Express pellets.... OH!, and by the way.... It will stuff them into one ragged hole all day at 10M if I do my part....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

DSC01076.jpgDSC01079.jpgDSC01080.jpgDSC01085.jpgDSC01095.jpgDSC01099.jpguntitled.jpguntitled1.jpgDSC01101.jpg

Well here is my entry.
    I'm going old school with my build, I'm going to take my 1976 .177 airgun I got at 6 years old and build it to fire with co2
    it will be a chalenge but with time and a few dollars I will make it work.

so now i need a momentary high presure valve that can run with co2. I was looking at a NOS valve it's 12volt and can take over 4500psi.
    I will be running this off a 12volt battery pack. I will have a electronic trigger like a paintball gun.

So, ...do the members have to vote for a favourite, if so, how is that done? Great idea..... bringing 'artwork' out into the light for all of us. Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    So, ...do the members have to vote for a favourite, if so, how is that done? Great idea..... bringing 'artwork' out into the light for all of us. Thumper
    It's all in the rules:
    "best" is judged by member votes in a "Poll" post that will be created on August 11, 2012

+ Reply to Thread