ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Contest Entries Posting Thread (here)...

Hybrid View

Converted my 2250 to a 2550 using one of the .25 Marauder barrels purchased from Eric. As I understand, these barrels are made by Green Mountain in the US for Crosman...they sure are a nicer product to work with. Kept the o-ring seal as used in the Marauder (o-ring is in the barrel rather than on the bolt) which greatly simplified the manufacture of the flow through bolt. Bolt handle is 316 stainless. Scope is a Leapers 3-9x32, reciever is a standard Crosman unit. Have done the "standard" polish/lube/spring replacement with the trigger group...not bad, but I think it needs a shoe. Have yet to decide whether to shorten the barrel or fit the barrel band...I like it the way it is...for now. :)

The stock is of my own design/manufacture, and incorporates an RVA into the stock mount. (pic is of the RVA on my 2289, but this one is identical)

The same hex wrench used to remove the stock and loosen the adjustment lock is used to make the adjustment. A cone profile helps to guide the wrench into the grub screw.

Striker bore is polished, striker and spring are coated with Jigaloo spray on graphite...unaffected by changes in temperature.(2289 pieces again)

Al

There are so many beautiful arms here it would be hard to choose just one. Having a perchant for the 2240 power plant I am especially fond of this piece of work by Al. However, pardon my continuing questions, I have only a couple years in airguns and limited recources and tools, so, I will ask some silly questions and make lots of spelling errors.

Straighten me out here? The caption over the striker and spring says "Striker ... and spring are ...2289 pieces again)" The spring does seem like a #781-A051 (1377/2289), but the striker looks like a #2250-A006 (2240/2250)? It is hard to tell without a reference. Does the RVA reduce the striker tube? My US purchased CO2, 2240, strikers are larger than Pump,1377, strikers. It would seem to flop around in the gas tube.

I like the idea of polishing the striker bore, but, is there any reason not to polish the striker itself? Polishing the striker was my first approach to smoothing out the striker's ride. I had not considered polishing the bore. Now I will.

Art,
    "The more that I know, the more that I know I don't know."

+ Reply to Thread