ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Airgun Eric delivers again.

Airgun Eric delivers again.

Received my package with the .25 Marauder barrels this morning. Well packaged, everything arrived in good order.

They are nice looking barrels too.

I have to say that I've always been very impressed with your ability to provide with seeming ease, what is otherwise either difficult or simply near impossible to obtain on this side of the border.

Thanks Eric.

Al

An AAA+++ for Al as well.

And just to note it- Al made it in "under the wire"- I was informed by Crosman while they were processing our latest order earlier today that the price on the .25cal barrels was "wrong" and they promptly updated it to a multiple of what it was- so I don't think any 'kits' for 22xx conversions are going to be appearing anytime soon unless people want to pay $200.00 a pop for a barrel, bolt and breech kit (some might?).
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    And just to note it- Al made it in "under the wire"-
    Have always heard that if ya can't be good, ya better be lucky...having mixed thoughts on that at the moment...

I guess I'll take lucky in a pinch.

$200/kit would seem spendy to me on first thought, and yet... some folks do get into their 2240's and QB's for some heavy coin.

Hard to judge what folks will throw down their hard earned for.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post

they promptly updated it to a multiple of what it was- .
    Sounds like Crosman is using the old trick of getting out by price exclusion.

"We don't really want to sell parts but if your willing to pay triple what it's worth"
    Sean

Yup. And I'm not speaking specifically about Crosman here- but airgun manufacturers in general terms; the 'big box' mentality takes hold and they find themselves screwed someday. Another US company has found this out the hard way, and I'm surprised they're still in business. I hear all sorts of things from US based resellers and distributors and they tell me all the US-based manufacturers or 'licensed distributors' are flogging through big boxes, on Amazon, and just about anywhere else they perceive they can make a nickel- which is apparently undercutting alot of the smaller people who were good at selling what they could, and supporting the customers properly- thereby taking it out of the manufacturer/licensee's hands. It almost appears that none of them can really figure out who/how they should sell their product- which tells me they are all hurting (at least mentally, i.e. not selling as much as they think they could be). The ultimate outcome will be, someday, the biggest vendor or two for their products will start dictating terms to them, and they may have killed off enough of the mid-range and smaller sellers that they find themselves in deep doo-doo and the mid-range and smaller guys will find products more to their liking in the meantime.

But whatever, any company can do as they please- whether it not it is a good mid/long term strategy is another matter entirely.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by Gippeto View Post
    Have always heard that if ya can't be good, ya better be lucky...
    "Be good if you can but if you can't be good, be bad but be good at it"
    Fab.

Fab
    Remember! Blue side up.

+ Reply to Thread