ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Industry Brand Springer- QB18FC (aka Beeman 1049F)

Industry Brand Springer- QB18FC (aka Beeman 1049F)

In stock: http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/...er-rifle-p-794

Better stock than the Beeman 1049F- it is stippled ('Beeman' unit completely smooth).

I'm thinking this might be the next platform for wide-scale improvements...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Details, please.... compression chamber diameter (ID) and stroke length, piston ID?.... Does the piston have a central latching rod (hope not) or does the sear latch on the bottom of the piston?.... What is the breech lockup like? (hope it's not single sided like the Phantom).... What is the trigger like, do any of the GTX/GRT series fit (or not necessary)?....

I have a 100mm stroke N-Forcer 19mm Red gas spring sitting here looking for a home....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Give em h$!! Bob.

...just to the third decimal Eric
    Sean

I'm investimagating- but I'm thinking the downfall might be the tube length- it is a fairly standard 1" ID, but looks to only have about 11" of internal volume/space- with all the parts that have to be in there- i.e. rear cap and spring guide. This may not be as promising as I had hoped.

If anyone is aware of any Industry Brand/Shanghai rifles that are "detuned" for any market (i.e. Canada or the UK)- I would love to know about it- I would love a big-tube "detuned" unit to supplant the all-too-common Phantom/Quest platform.

Mind you, all this being said, the QB18 is a pretty smooth shooting rifle it seems.

Still might be a candidate for a Nitro-Piston conversion.... they are available in several different strokes (eg. 63mm, 80mm, 100mm, 125mm).... From what I've been reading about springers, 5 FPE/CI of swept volume is about all you can get and still have a decent shot cycle.... That's about 15 FPE on a Phantom/D34, as an example.... 19 FPE on a D48/52.... 22 FPE on a D350/460/B28.... 26 FPE on a Patriot/SuperStreak/Hatsan 135.... There is a slight difference between calibers, with the .177 being less, and the .25 cal being (potentially) more.... but only the super-magnum springers have enough power to push a .25 cal fast enough to be very useful....

It will be interesting to find out what the swept volume of the QB18 is....

Bob

I have had my eye on one of these for a while now, and I may just bite this time. These rifles are also marketed as Hammerli 490C, and Tech Force, TF-49. They have a direct sear trigger similar to what's on a Bam B-12 rifle. Its a brute that can be smoothed and lightened but will always be a brute. I have a strip down guide I got of the Yellow - the link still works but the photos are gone - fortunately I have a pdf of the thread that I can upload to the cloud or e-mail to anyone interested. This rifle seems to be "in the news" suddenly. Archer is pushing some new-old stock in .177 cal of the QB-18, and I pressed him for some details on accuracy: He claimed they shot about as well as a QB78. Mr Archer is self admitted non-springer guy. The .22 cal factory spec of 450 fps suggests to me that this platform may be limed in teh power department, as Eric noted the compression volume is quite small. It's a relatively small rifle after all - meant for the adolescent/plinking crowd rather than the hunter. I thonk it will be a fine plinker. Twice I nearly got a Hammerli 490C but shied away because I don't like .177 cal (non-PAL they don't make the targets plink loud enough and I find the pellets too fiddly). Anyhow, since these new QB-18s are in .22 cal I think the time is right. Piston is latch rod type, with notch on one side almost identical to a B-12.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8H...Vc0bVRiV1BIVmc
    Last edited by Dukemeister; Jul 14 2012 at 03:14 PM.
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

Latch Rod type = no go for gas piston, right?....

BTW, the link was redirected by Google to something else....

Bob

You have to join the cloud

Quote Originally Posted by rsterne View Post
    Latch Rod type = no go for gas piston, right?....

BTW, the link was redirected by Google to something else....

Bob
    Right, the latch rod types are not economically feasible to convert. Can be done, but neds a new piston and trigger, and back-block, and.....
    To access the link you have to have a google cloud account.
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

What about the platforms that are under the SAG lineup. There are some big bruisers there as well as a few that match the real specs of the phantom/quest.

I was just looking at the AR1000, 2000, 3000. They certainly make the claim they can detune any of their products
    Sean

They only mention the "detune" on specific models, although I'm sure if the volume were high enough they would detune anything. Potentian problems are the single North American importer (which is owned by Shanghai) agreeing, and then getting them to publish the "detuned" version on the website so the CFC in Canada can see it to make for a speedy "non-firearm" designation. I may investigate this either way, just to see how it might go...

And the QB18 tube is short- even the Quest/Phantom has 12" of tube- the question then becomes- 'how much usable tube is in a Quest vs. the QB based on the internal parts layout'.

+ Reply to Thread