Got a .22 cal Lothar-Walther barrel machined up (not by me) and installed it on an out-of-the-box AR2079A (with a couple snags- needed the breech end machined down a bit more- seems the Chinese have quite a large tolerance range on breeches). Used a .22 extended probe bolt, and then attached a 13ci HPA tank to it, regulated at 1300psi so as not to cause any issues with the stock parts (valve or tube). Topped it off with a Simmons 3-9x32 AO scope (economical, $89.99, but I may change the rings- don't like two screw caps much- but they come in the box with the scope).

Started out shooting a consistent 670fps using 14.3gr pellets for about 50 shots, then over the next 100 shots the range started to widen from 665fps to 690fps- but averaging around 685. Not so bad so far. Barrel has not settled in yet with about 250 pellets through it, but is tightening up. Seems to prefer Crosman 14.3gr FT .22 domes and the H&N Hunter Extreme (Philips-head ones) did fairly well, but were hitting 6" lower due to the weight (19gr)- didn't like the Spitzkugel so much, the Baracuda Power (copper coated) also drifted too much- but as I found with the Condor they really want alot of power behind them. The Benjamin Destroyers (part of the sample pack) were, as expected, all over the place. Funny enough, the non-lead H&N Baracuda Green worked quite well. All this is telling me is that at about 15fpe, it prefers lighter pellets.

So, with some use I think the barrel will get alot more consistent- which might open up the range of usable pellets- but I didn't really try that many different pellets yet anyways.

Leaving the LW barrel out- it seems like a pretty good combo- retail on it would be $441 for the rifle, extended bolt, HPA tank and scope, and the factory barrels have proven to be alot better the last year than they had been previously.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it, but need more shooting time to get that barrel settled in completely.

AR2079A_chrony.jpgAR2079A_1.jpgAR2079A_2.jpgAR2079A_3.jpg