ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recall

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    What is Mac1 doing to the Disco?
    http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/...p?topic=7025.0

Nothing against Tim - he does great work - but personally (and the route I'm going to take for my .25 Disco) I would get a LW barrel, Marauder trigger group, RVA, extended probe bolt, streamline the valve a bit, maybe a repeating breech (BNM ?), and voila...no reason why it should be any less accurate or efficient as a Mac1-prepped Disco. Then you WOULD be "buying Canadian" as I'm sure Eric has everything you would need, except for the repeating breech (if you even wanted one).

Just my opinion,
    Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

Ya I guess that's what I'm getting at. All Mac1 is showing for the Disco is the $65 accuracy prep.
    Probe ,crown and leade

I know you can get that work done at home and leave the customs headaches to other people
    Sean

don't go with the website it's outdated, you have to call for more info, the does alot to it well worth it. even adds bolts to air tank to make it safer if you over fill it.
    trigger . I had mine ajusted to 20 the max for FT

I'm sorry you have had a problem, but if you ordered the gun without actually having your PAL in your possession, you were pretty much asking for trouble.... Hopefully you can get Customs to return the gun to sender and then re-order it again when you have all your paperwork in order....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

no I ask to have it ship at the end of July not begining of June.
    But they lost my test papers at the R.C.M.P. and my tester Dave does not have a copy so I have no proof now that I ever took the test so no PAL for me.

But trust me I'm a persistent little bugger and I will get my Mac1 BD. because I want it and alredy payed for it.

I will apply at the customs office for a extension so I can get everything in order.

without actually having your PAL in your possession
    was the key part of my post.... Never trust the government to do anything when you expect it....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Maybe yes maybe no. When Purchasing ordered the guns they sent copies to their (CTC) receiving Dept. These would have product descriptions and UP codes that obviously did not match the products that arrived on the shipping dock. So some one in receiving didn't check off the goods and the guys in accounts payable didn't check the packing/shipping paper work with the PO's. Then the whole thing happened again at the retail level with their receiving guys not checking off the goods with the paper work. And after that the sales guys topped it all off by ignoring the licensing rules.This sounds like a big whole system cluster chuck.
    Red
    Quote Originally Posted by sholo View Post
    You may have touched on something there. I am in no way, shape or form a lawer (nor pretend to be), but when Junior (with no PAL) gets caught with a PAL rated gun, and the inevitable court case/lawsuit/finger-pointing ensues, CT can (to a point) claim they were not to blame. e.g- "We never ordered PAL guns, wasn't our fault". I can't see it holding up in court, but I CAN see them taking that stance.

Initially, it may have been Umarex's fault for delivering the wrong shipment, but that doesn't mean CT had to accept it. Between unloading the truck, stocking them on the shelves, and lastly selling them to consumers, somebody surely should have caught it.

Todd

+ Reply to Thread