+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recall

Recall

http://cpsr-rspc.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/r...jsp?re_id=1627

Recal for a airgun that is over the 500fps it's considered unsafe lol

Oooops
    Sean

more like woooot and Yahoo. now some kids need a pal or a pol or the R.C.M.P. will jail them lol.

Funny- Canadian Tire is the most uptight place for wanting to see people's PAL's and recording your first-born's names and birthdays, yet they manage to flog a "firearm" illegally for almost a year. It appears it was not a packaging issue- the box clearly said "1000" on it- so it is a gross oversight. I wonder how/why Umarex is the one doing the "recall" and not Canadian Tire- Umarex at worst sent the wrong boxes in a truck, it was Canadian Tire who looked at them, ignored the law and sold them...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

ignored and /or did not know it but it is a bad overlook

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    It appears it was not a packaging issue- the box clearly said "1000" on it- so it is a gross oversight.
    At the local CT store on Princess St, Kingston (has a specialty firearm/hunting section.... lots of long guns of all types and a big selection of airguns), the Black Hawk was tagged with PAL required. At least some stores were paying attention.
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

Well, I use the term 'ignore' some what flippitantly- I have no doubt the warehouse people or the average box handler wouldn't have any idea- but those same people asking for my PAL and other ID to sell me .22 LR bullets and 20ga shotgun shells out of a glass cabinet should probably have noticed this one...

Either way, kinda funny- but I don't think the manufacturer should be making a "recall"- they didn't sell the item as mis-labeled or something- it was obviously a mis-loaded shipment(s) that had proper labels on the boxes and products in the box that matched the label- Canadian Tire didn't catch it, or if it did, not for quite some time. Does this indicate a "distributor" cannot make a "recall" of a product they were the only seller of in a specific market- or that Canadian Tire is trying to lay all the blame on the 'manufacturer'? (Umarex USA is also only a 'distributor' by definition- Umarex ag (Germany) would be the 'manufacturer' effectively- and 'ag' is not indicating 'air gun' but their corporate designation, such as "Inc." as used in Germany).

I guess the question becomes- "will this cause some more sh!t at the border or involving airguns generally?"
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    ...or that Canadian Tire is trying to lay all the blame on the'manufacturer'
    You may have touched on something there. I am in no way, shape or form a lawer (nor pretend to be), but when Junior (with no PAL) gets caught with a PAL rated gun, and the inevitable court case/lawsuit/finger-pointing ensues, CT can (to a point) claim they were not to blame. e.g- "We never ordered PAL guns, wasn't our fault". I can't see it holding up in court, but I CAN see them taking that stance.

Initially, it may have been Umarex's fault for delivering the wrong shipment, but that doesn't mean CT had to accept it. Between unloading the truck, stocking them on the shelves, and lastly selling them to consumers, somebody surely should have caught it.

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

I have a Air Gun stuck at the border since June 05 2012, and since the PAL Guys lost my test I took with Dave well I can't have it.
    so almost 500$ down the drain. [ probably ]

My Nice Mac1 Benjamin Discovery [ and he told me I will ship at end of July and no problem shiping in Canada ya right ]

I know I should Buy Canadian but there is no new Mac1 Benjamin Discovery in Canada.

What is Mac1 doing to the Disco?
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread