Well, I use the term 'ignore' some what flippitantly- I have no doubt the warehouse people or the average box handler wouldn't have any idea- but those same people asking for my PAL and other ID to sell me .22 LR bullets and 20ga shotgun shells out of a glass cabinet should probably have noticed this one...

Either way, kinda funny- but I don't think the manufacturer should be making a "recall"- they didn't sell the item as mis-labeled or something- it was obviously a mis-loaded shipment(s) that had proper labels on the boxes and products in the box that matched the label- Canadian Tire didn't catch it, or if it did, not for quite some time. Does this indicate a "distributor" cannot make a "recall" of a product they were the only seller of in a specific market- or that Canadian Tire is trying to lay all the blame on the 'manufacturer'? (Umarex USA is also only a 'distributor' by definition- Umarex ag (Germany) would be the 'manufacturer' effectively- and 'ag' is not indicating 'air gun' but their corporate designation, such as "Inc." as used in Germany).

I guess the question becomes- "will this cause some more sh!t at the border or involving airguns generally?"