ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recall

Hybrid View

Well, I use the term 'ignore' some what flippitantly- I have no doubt the warehouse people or the average box handler wouldn't have any idea- but those same people asking for my PAL and other ID to sell me .22 LR bullets and 20ga shotgun shells out of a glass cabinet should probably have noticed this one...

Either way, kinda funny- but I don't think the manufacturer should be making a "recall"- they didn't sell the item as mis-labeled or something- it was obviously a mis-loaded shipment(s) that had proper labels on the boxes and products in the box that matched the label- Canadian Tire didn't catch it, or if it did, not for quite some time. Does this indicate a "distributor" cannot make a "recall" of a product they were the only seller of in a specific market- or that Canadian Tire is trying to lay all the blame on the 'manufacturer'? (Umarex USA is also only a 'distributor' by definition- Umarex ag (Germany) would be the 'manufacturer' effectively- and 'ag' is not indicating 'air gun' but their corporate designation, such as "Inc." as used in Germany).

I guess the question becomes- "will this cause some more sh!t at the border or involving airguns generally?"
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    ...or that Canadian Tire is trying to lay all the blame on the'manufacturer'
    You may have touched on something there. I am in no way, shape or form a lawer (nor pretend to be), but when Junior (with no PAL) gets caught with a PAL rated gun, and the inevitable court case/lawsuit/finger-pointing ensues, CT can (to a point) claim they were not to blame. e.g- "We never ordered PAL guns, wasn't our fault". I can't see it holding up in court, but I CAN see them taking that stance.

Initially, it may have been Umarex's fault for delivering the wrong shipment, but that doesn't mean CT had to accept it. Between unloading the truck, stocking them on the shelves, and lastly selling them to consumers, somebody surely should have caught it.

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

Maybe yes maybe no. When Purchasing ordered the guns they sent copies to their (CTC) receiving Dept. These would have product descriptions and UP codes that obviously did not match the products that arrived on the shipping dock. So some one in receiving didn't check off the goods and the guys in accounts payable didn't check the packing/shipping paper work with the PO's. Then the whole thing happened again at the retail level with their receiving guys not checking off the goods with the paper work. And after that the sales guys topped it all off by ignoring the licensing rules.This sounds like a big whole system cluster chuck.
    Red
    Quote Originally Posted by sholo View Post
    You may have touched on something there. I am in no way, shape or form a lawer (nor pretend to be), but when Junior (with no PAL) gets caught with a PAL rated gun, and the inevitable court case/lawsuit/finger-pointing ensues, CT can (to a point) claim they were not to blame. e.g- "We never ordered PAL guns, wasn't our fault". I can't see it holding up in court, but I CAN see them taking that stance.

Initially, it may have been Umarex's fault for delivering the wrong shipment, but that doesn't mean CT had to accept it. Between unloading the truck, stocking them on the shelves, and lastly selling them to consumers, somebody surely should have caught it.

Todd

+ Reply to Thread