A few weeks back the reg on my 2260 (1500 psi output) let go and 'burst' the burst disc. I wasn't shooting it at the time, but noticed it when I got home from work and the gauge was at zero (had been at 2200 +/-) Took reg apart to see what went wrong (like I know what to look for...), but didn't see anything obvious - no dirt, nicked o-rings, etc...That's not to say there wasn't any of the pre-mentioned culprits, just that I didn't see any...

Anyways, ordered a regulator rebuild kit from Eric, installed it (being careful no contaminates sneaked in) and said a small prayer before pumping it up. It held...WooHoo! Over the next 2 weeks I fired off probably 175-200 rounds (1600 psi output), pumped the bottle up several times, everything worked as it should. Then last night as I was working on my AR stock, the burst disc suddenly let go again! Startled the bejeezus out of me and the nephew!

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? It's been humid as hell here for the last week or so - could water molecules be getting past the filter (which I also changed recently), causing said problems?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Todd