ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gas price

the honda is my gf car stil running strong 339K Km my mitsu was bought brand new december 2005 onley 34k km for the rest just pm me i"ll tell you the full story

it was till mid 90 when petro canada was sold, at the time it was juged to expencive to exploit oil sand ... what a waist........ now i'm crainky .

Mustang + ecoboost :drool:
    my gf has an eye on the wrangler unlimited she says it gona be her prise for finishing her mbq. and i aproove of that :P

Being a tru blu jeep'r I approve of the wrangler too

The Unlimited wouldnt be my pick but I know I'm too much of a purist.
    Sean

i know but karine love the fact there is space in the back compared to the 2 door. i know it cut a bit on the offroad ability it stil remain one of the best off the shelf offroader. since she love to go fishing and camping it's the best of both world

PetroCanada is a story all in-and-of-itself. Up until 2003 or so, the Federal Government still owned about 15% of it- and sold it off under Paul Martin's rule (I wonder if he has some PetroCan stock now?).

Tar Sands or "Oilsands" was producing oil at about $11.00 a barrel in 2001- so even when prices were sitting at absurdly low levels - i.e. $22-23 in the early 2000s- money was still able to be made. Makes you wonder what 'easier' to obtain sources of oil cost-out per barrel.

There are still Canadian-owned resources (although they seem to be being bought out alot lately)- we have almost zero refining capacity (compare the number of refineries in Canada in 1962- something like 37 or so- now there are 2 or 3)- so everything goes to Oklahoma and comes back again as heating oil, diesel, gasoline, etc. All irrelevant- oil companies/retailers will charge whatever they can get away with- the price of raw oil and refining has virtually no "real" influence on the pump price- but it is a nice little fantasy the oil companies like to promote- the fully vertically integrated companies (i.e. the US and European companies such as Exxon/Mobil, Dutch Shell, BP) control the entire product cycle from "ground" to "pump" and the Canadian oil companies (Imperial/Esso is still mainly owned by BP) are only slightly behind in respect to a fully integrated model.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

it realy don't make sence but wa have to live whit it

Compound that with the fact that we didnt have a Federal Energy Policy prior to signing NAFTA. So now it doesnt matter if we develop an energy policy or not we can"t limit the amount of oil we sell (exclusively to to US) without equally limiting the amount we keep.

More clearly, under NAFTA, we are not allowed to keep enough of our own oil (not that it really Canadian owned) to satisfy our own internal needs. Or develop an internal energy program such as Venezuela.

That is why we dont have refineries....we signed away the right to keep, refine, commodity or market our own oil
    Sean

These stories about our OWN petrol makes me wanna puke and gives me communism tought.

Poil if you're happy with the Mitsubishi fuel consumption and you are bothered by such things you might want to reconsider the Jeep Wrangler thing, I used to share my daycare with an auto journalist, being an amateur of off-road vehicules I went to look at his new vehicule for the week a brand spanking new Jeep Wrangler, I almost fell on my butt when he told me it sipped as much gas a my Suburban

i started the tread to get ppls posting it was awfuly quiet here:P it worked . i tough i would had coments on my coon fight video :P

sure gas is a pain but as i sayed before we have to live whit it.... and at the time knowing the price of petrole droped like 20 $ on the grose market i vound it ridiculus for the price going up 10 cent /L

$1.21.9 per liter here, and holding.
    Bought a 98 Astro in Feb/March of this year. It's still the tbi fuel injection system. It's giving me 24-26 mpg on the highway, and a lot less in town. Can't really complain- I know enough not to lead-foot it (as much as I like the sensation, I can't afford the 1/4 tank of gas it takes over the 1/4 mile :P ) I like the ride height, and the truck feel handling.

Sooner or later, people will get it into their heads to take control of energy pricing. What ever it is gonna be, it won't be pretty. Hope I live long enough to see big oil come clean, and pay their dues. I have serious doubts about the up coming generation though- the out-look there is pretty bleak....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

+ Reply to Thread