ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pellet doping

Is that what he's saying? I am having problems trying to understand the statement...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Here is a statement from Napier's of London. they do warn UK'rs to be diligent and chronograph their rifle when using this product as it may put them over the UK limit.

The New UPH Hunter .22
    simply the best performing airgun pellet of its type, it is designed to give consistent results in all std powered air rifles, both PCP and Springers. Every tin is pre treated with exactly the correct dose of Napier Power Pellet Lube, and they can be used straight from the tin. No need to sort or grade them, we have already done that for you. Expect improved accuracy, and consistency, it is likely that an increase in muzzle velocity will also be achieved. We recommend that UK airguns are chronographed occasionally to comply with UK power legislation.
    Available in .22 cal 5.5 with a nominal weight of 14.5 Grains

Power Pellet Lube 10ml
    A quite remarkable simple to use product that will improve accuracy with any pellet and on any type of airgun guaranteed.The unique complex formula does much more than lubricate, in fact it creates a chemical seal around the skirt of every pellet, ensuring that it will not skim or tear on the rifling of the barrel.
    This is turn greatly improves the gyroscopic effect and results in improved flight, with dramatic improvement in accuracy.

And it seems they have a business relationship with AirArms

Napier is proud to be chosen by Air Arms for cleaners and lubricants used in manufacture and are the only product to carry their endorsement and recommendation. Now every new Air Arms gun supplied worldwide comes with an introductory sample of our oil

But so far I have not seen any claims about polymerization gases. Please post any info you have.
    Sean

Is this lube forsale in Canada or are you getting it from the UK?

Pellet doping 101

polymerization: Is a process, not a gass. Gassing off is a buyproduct of this process and varies dependant on what oil is used; temperature and method
    of process.
    Gassing/gassing off:heating of a product to the point that it releases a gas and or vapour, such as steam.heat produces energy in this form.
    Smoking point:heat oil hot enough and it starts to smoke.(gassing off)this is a combustible product.
    Flash point:heat oil above the smoking point and you have little flames dancing around in your pot.
    Ignition point:the pot is on fire ups. Oil heated past flash point.
    Dieseling:airgun type; burning of lubricant in compression chamber due to compression heat combustable material and oxygen
    smoking point,flash point,ignition point are tested in two different methods; open pot and closed pot. Both methods yield different results
    gassing off/smoking point:enough heat generated to produce energy without combustion (ignition) no dieseling.

Airgun:spring or gas ram.due to there internal workings heat the oil under pressure and heat (in the breach on the back of the pellet) closed cup method.higher temperatures are achieved before flash point ore ignition point are attained;therefore no dieseling.the extra energy produced has only one easy escape route down the berrel.the extra energy produced cannot enter the compression chamber it produces 10 to 20 percent more power than the gas produces;the gas must also try to compress itself to enter this erea.not going to happen.

Fastair i dont use this product i have my own compounds that have been experimenting with

I have a fairly decent understanding of the polymerization process as my Dad was a polymer engineer for his entire carreer.

What I'm having trouble with is I don"t know of any polymer prosseses that would yeild an exothermic reaction in a thousandths of a second. In fact the processes your describing which requires heat (endothermic) to initiate the catalyst phase produce condensate and heat during the chain phase(exothermic) and thats a relatively slow process as compared to oxidation reactions.

I'm not discounting what your seeing in your tests but from my (limited) knowledge it would seem that an oxidization reaction is more plausible
    Sean

Sean
    maybe your term is the right term;i am not a chemist. The reaction from this technique produces approximatly 40 percent more power.

I read a bunch of reviews on the Napier lube. Some say it is great and others say it does very little. My guess is it depends on the gun you use it in. I think I may try to order some, I have wasted money before so if it doesn't work I won't be too upset.

I think that is what you'll find with all the well known pellet lubes. Both sides of the fence and some pretty strong opinions from both.

I'm with you. Depends on the rifle. Used properly and sparingly it certainly can't hurt and there is a possibility that it's just the ticket.
    Sean

SEAN
    Read your responce, makes sence.Best defenition yet.Some food for thought;when fired and you break open the action and look down the berrel there is a brown clowd not smoke this vapour that is left has an acrid smell to it.Acording to research done it is a component of gas warfare, one of them to produce poison gas.You mentioned condensate and oxidation (BOIL WATER YOU GET STEAM) .There is water in the oil why the brown cloud? ask your dad maybe he can figure it out.

+ Reply to Thread