ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pellet doping

Hmm should I be raiding the wife's cabinets? Will veggie,canola or olive oil work or would I have the makins for a .177 salad dressing?
    Crosman 1377, Crosman 1322, Crosman 3576, Marksman 1790 W/4X15 scope, Daisy Model 93 W/picatinny rail, Crosman Peacemaker 44 .22cal, Beeman P17 W/4X15 scope, Modified Xisico Bam B4-2 W/4X20 scope folding bipod dual picatinny rails and muzzle brake (detuned for canadian regulations) Norinco B3 .22cal, Quest 500x and always looking for something new

The Airgun from Trigger to Target

I think that all who enter discussions about oil combustion and the resultant increase in pellet velocity need to read this very fine book that details the research of two scientists on the workings of airguns.
    The Airgun from Trigger to Target by G.V. Cardew and G.M. Cardew 1995.
    It was their finding that ALL spring power guns have combustion events ALL of the time. Every shot, and that this combustion contributes significantly to the velocity of the pellet in all guns.
    Since the amount of fuel is miniscule (what makes it past the seal) adding oil to the pellet is a huge increase in fuel volume. It is also, I would guess, very near impossible to make the amount additional fuel consistent. All of this is not new or magic, kids have been doing this for decades, but this stuff has a striking similarity to products like snake oil, yah'l. As always, my wife reminds me, I could be wrong. Read Cardew and Cardew and you judge.
    Red.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread