ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we have this forum "Tapatalk enabled"?

I'm not entirely sure I understand. Well I do understand but that's besides the point.

I log into this site daily from my Driod and post pictures and I don't have an "App for that"

I do understand packet handling and the format differences but I find logging in from my phone to be very simple.
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    I'm not entirely sure I understand. Well I do understand but that's besides the point.

I log into this site daily from my Driod and post pictures and I don't have an "App for that"

I do understand packet handling and the format differences but I find logging in from my phone to be very simple.
    This has been my experience as well...no problems checking out or posting on the forums using the droid.

I'll admit I was being a smart arse quoting Joels sig line, but I do not see the advantage to having an app to do something Im already doing without that app.

Can you explain Joel?

Absolutely, it just makes everything much easier to use. no zooming in and out etc, etc...

I am going to take some screen shots of the App in use, it is the easiest way to show you guys, I can talk about it all day but pictures will make sense of it quickly

Also, could someone who is also a CAF member log in and send me a "Test PM" so I can show the notification as well? thanks...
    "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should..."

Can do. :)

Sorry had a total brain fart and forgot about this thread, I have been quite busy lately...

Tapatalk "main screen" with a few of the forums I am a member of...

What you see when you enter a forum, everything is actually run by the App, which is probably (and Im not sure) why it is gathering data...

View of an actual thread...No zooming and/or moving the screen around, its just much faster and easier to navigate forums with...

Hell, you can even moderate with it lol (blank for obvious reasons..)

I've logged on here with the work black berry a time or 6 with no real problems. I don't have any issues with the b/b zoom button- mind you, I haven't tried posting photo's from the phone, either. Where I suffer is the tiny qwerty keyboard that covers entirely with one thumb... I much prefer to be here from my home desk top.

I really hope this place doesn't take on a "social media/facebook" type of format. Don't get me wrong- I have a f/b acct, and it has it's place for local connections between friends and family. Serious relevance, it ain't though- when it comes to content...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

There is no intent to give this place a "facebook" format or look anytime soon. I think facebook is probably (I don't use it) wonderful for sharing pictures, life events and so on- i.e. "social stuff" which is its primary intent (and that all the world can come to see). But for serious, structured, topic-specific informational content, I just don't see it being all that useful.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

+ Reply to Thread