ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brocock Concept Super 6

Brocock Concept Super 6

I received the 6 shot version of the Concept with walnut stock. It comes with 1 silver magazine.
    The stock is a fair bit lighter than the pictures make it appear.
    The trigger from factory is very light.

Now there is one thing that I was not very enthused about. There is a fair sized knot on both sides of the forestock. On the left side it is right in the middle of the checkering :?

A quick email to SSSO and Rhonda told me that if any thing happens with the knots that they will claim warranty.

A bit hard to see, but it is right in the middle:

There you go again unboxing a new gun, in total control and not tearing everything.
    You're my hero.

There is an easy way to do that. Spend all your energy feverishly refreshing the tracking page and then walk/run down to the post office to get it. Then you wont have the energy to rip it apart

What is that hex screw thingy on the side of the breech (picture where the Brocock name and Made in England is showing)? Some sort of magazine holder?

Either way- let us know how it works out!
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    What is that hex screw thingy on the side of the breech (picture where the Brocock name and Made in England is showing)? Some sort of magazine holder?

Either way- let us know how it works out!
    That is the magazine indexing system. It kind of works the same was as a revolver indexing with the little tabs that come out and push it up, but it pushes on the outside of the magazine instead of the face of it.

And here are the magazines. Tiny little buggers, they fit inside of a nickel. They are a little short to hold predatory polymag pellets so I think I might need to get some kind of single shot tray made up. You can see the part of the magazine that faces the shooter. The other end has a small ball bearing in it that clicks into a slot into the gun to hold it into place.

Nice airgun! I just ruined a perfectly good keyboard with drool...
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Quote Originally Posted by WolfyW View Post
    Nice airgun! I just ruined a perfectly good keyboard with drool...
    I covered mine with a plastic protector a long time ago, it saves money to buy new airguns

I figured it was time to open it up and see how it looked. The stock is removed by one bolt. The trigger guard is plastic and screwed directly in to the stock. The empty stock balances right on the bottom of the pistol grip.

I did not want to take it apart for fear of not being able to get it back together again. Since it cant be opened up it might be a PITA to get back together.

The length of the first stage is adjustable by a small screw that stops the trigger from going forward.

The pull weight is adjustable by a screw behind the trigger. It moves a square part back and forth adjusting where it contacts the sear. The farther along the you go, the lighter the trigger gets. It came from the factory set to a little over a half pound.

In my opinion the second stage is a little long and a bit gritty (In this particular rifle). There is a fairly solid stop after the first stage and then you can pull it back about another 2-3mm and can actually stop just before letoff. Another mm and it fires.

+ Reply to Thread