ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Computer Died...

Computer Died...

...now I'm stuck trying to read the forum on the wife's i-phone 4, with a screen that I'm sure is smaller than the viewing screen on my camera! And typing?...OMG, each friggin' thumb covers half the keyboard...

Anyways (rant over), with me not being overly computer savvy, any suggestions on what would be a good choice ? (desktop, $1000-$1500 range...)

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

If all you're doing is internet-type stuff- any $300.00 "refurbished" unit will be more than enough- you could re-use your existing monitor/speakers/what-have-you. $1500.00 at this point in time almost buys the most advanced "gaming" machine out there- and is essentially paying double to be 6 months ahead of the 'curve'.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I'd go with a laptop. 15 inch monitor is plenty if you're not doing movies or graphics on it, it's plenty big enough and a pretty good one can be had for 600$, watch for sales at places like staples.
    You can do computer on the kitchen table, in the living room, the bathroom, the bed room, while traveling etc.
    You're on the internet and people show up un-announced, you close the lid, put the computer away and you're done.

Well I second that

Depending on how committed you are to desktops. Laptops seem to be the way to go these days and are every bit as powerful now as desktops. Look at things that are two processors back from "brand new". They were "brand new" 9 months ago.

Spending even $500 is loads
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread