ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I want to build a .25 caliber 2240 pistol

Crosman is always "iffy" when it comes to sending Marauder parts to Canada and lately they seem to be all wanked-out (more so than they were) for parts they perceive as not being used for "repairs".

I've said it to them, and I don't think they get it- they are the primary "go to" line of airguns for people who want to modify things- but if they refuse to sell parts that people will use for -whatever- I think they would lose some of their shine to people and they would become even more a 'Wal-Mart' vendor and the majority of real "airgunners" would move to other platforms/manufacturers if they then have to custom-make every part anyways- thereby they would lose alot of what I should think is valuable word of mouth and goodwill from people.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Crosman is always "iffy" when it comes to sending Marauder parts to Canada and lately they seem to be all wanked-out (more so than they were) for parts they perceive as not being used for "repairs".

I've said it to them, and I don't think they get it- they are the primary "go to" line of airguns for people who want to modify things- but if they refuse to sell parts that people will use for -whatever- I think they would lose some of their shine to people and they would become even more a 'Wal-Mart' vendor and the majority of real "airgunners" would move to other platforms/manufacturers if they then have to custom-make every part anyways- thereby they would lose alot of what I should think is valuable word of mouth and goodwill from people.
    Very good point Eric, I agree 100%

Ironically, the barrel(s) would be being used on other Crosman guns, which in itself is helping to sell more of their guns that are allowed/available in Canada.
    "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should..."

I believe that at times, they let some New York 'legal expert' give them -insert whatever adjective you like here- advice (lawyers, as the expression goes, are deal-breakers, not deal-makers). If the lawyers and insurers were in charge, nothing would get done in the world.

Not being critical necessarily, but I am often unclear how a New York lawyer is going to be much of an 'expert' on Canadian gun laws and liability issues. If I want advice on law in Peru- am I going to talk to a lawyer in Toronto, or one in Lima?

Does this mean you won't be getting them? Or is there still a chance?

It's a crap-shoot, depends more on Crosman's 'mood' at any given moment more than anything. Won't know for sure until they either arrive, or don't arrive.

Little update...

The wife appropriated the .32 pcp as soon as it barked a couple times...she likes the noise. ;) She also decided to keep it as a .32 once we found a local supplier of Hornady .310 round ball.

Soooo.....

Cut the barrel such that I ended up with two ...a 10" mounted on the hipac'd 2240 and another just under 10" that will likely find it's way on to the wifes currently stock 2240.

Al

+ Reply to Thread