ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weihrauch Canada HW 97 KT (WIC-AR-022) anybody have any opinions on this rifle?

I use fixed 4X or 3X9 scopes on springers and I keep the 16X scopes for PCP's

Hi
    I own 3 weihrauch rifles and 2 weihrauch handguns. Needless to say i loooove them. I am very satisfied with all of them. That said i don't own yet a 97k but it is on my list. I would not hesitate if i were you

I am currently using a custom stocked HW97 as my indoor bench rest rifle (sub 500 fps). After a little tuning, it is shooting consistent 1 hole groups at 10 yards. (max range in the basement) By tuning I mean a complete strip and clean then relube as well as cleaning up the cut end of the factory spring. Unfortunately, the factory sort of lops off a couple of coils on a stock spring to get to the sub 500 fps rating and does not close or polish the cut end. A simple job if you comfortable with it. Recoil is at best minimal as with most sub 500 rifles and the 97 does not seem to be as hold sensitive as my HW98.
    PCP's have always interested me but I do not want the hassle of having to pump due to the fact I am an old man :) and lugging a scuba tank around is just something else for me to forget to leave behind. Remember the old man part.
    Nothing against the Dark Side, just not my cuppa.

+ Reply to Thread