ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 500 fps limits

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Is this a forum where your limited as to what you say or it's not posted.
    No Sir
    In order to avoid any problems with the law or members being investigated by the law or ending up on a "watch" list. We do not discuss things which are outright illegal for any Canadian in any circumstances.

But we have to edit or remove or lock the thread. There is no time lag during which someone decides yes or no
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Is this a forum where your limited as to what you say or it's not posted.
    You cannot talk about subjects that are flat-out illegal in Canada, period.

Want to beat your wife? Not talked about here.
    Want to kill you neighbour? Not talked about here.
    Want to hump dead gophers? Not talked about here (and yes I am assuming this is illegal, but don't have definitive proof of it).
    Want to talk about suppression devices? Not talked about here.

While some people may be relatively new to this airgun thing, it doesn't mean the law is new to it as well. If a Canada-based online forum, with Canadian 'ownership' is viewed by legal authorities as promoting illegal activities, we all get under the microscope- maybe only people here, maybe all airgunners across the country. Putting that aside- what is the point of discussing such things here? There are plenty of resources to find what you apparently seek elsewhere- use them if you like- but keep in mind if you construct something illegal you will be the one who may face a penalty under the law. Attempting to discuss such things here is not appropriate.

I think the idea of airstrippers and true "brakes" is a very worthwhile thing to discuss- not illegal BS.

Dang! Multiple people typing at the same time!

Banned
    Sorry guys if I brought up a subject and asked questions about that was forbidden,,must have forgotten we live in a land of free speech,,will delete this forum from my book marks.
    Charlie

That's too bad Charlie. You started off talking about a muzzle brake...if you still wish to talk about muzzle brakes, I'm sure many folks would like that. :)

Sean, not mine....AFAIK it's a Steyr piece and may have up to FOUR stripping "zones"... if the holes around the perimeter of the cones are passages. 8) Have been thinking about making a dual cone stripper with some tweaks for the cones. Thinking is to machine steps into the outlet side of the cones that will create turbulance in the passing air...much like a flame holder as used in an afterburner for a fighter jet...the turbulance creates a low pressure area, which should assist in the stripping process...while stepping the id of the cone proper to a minimum of 3x the pellet diameter....this should negate any "wake" effect from the pellet being able to come back into contact with the pellet...or so I'm thinking. :) Net effect of the alterations if my thinking is correct?....a stripper that's not sensitive to adjustment.

Eh....everybody needs a theory....right?

Nice shot of the cones showing the "possible" passages at 0:49. Would be a fun project to make those cones...I happen to have the tooling to do it too. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79i6dApKb3Y

Geeez! Humping dead gophers! Thanks for that mental image Eric. Think I`ll skip lunch.

Glad I could help...

I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    You cannot talk about subjects that are flat-out illegal in Canada, period.

Want to beat your wife? Not talked about here.
    Want to kill you neighbour? Not talked about here.
    Want to hump dead gophers? Not talked about here (and yes I am assuming this is illegal, but don't have definitive proof of it).
    Want to talk about suppression devices? Not talked about here.
    You sure we can't talk about killing our neighbour? Come on... pleeeeaaase just the one on the left, the other ones are fine

Not trying to add fuel to the flames, but here's a (theoretical) question for ya'll. I have a custom MK I running on HPA (650 psi). Took a bit of playing around with reg pressures and hammer spring, but I now have it shooting consistently in the 495 - 498 range. My question is this: If I swap the end cap (with the HPA fitting) for the original Co2 cap, and put a capsule in, it shoots in the 540-ish range. I have no intention of ever running Co2 in it again, but seeing as it was originally Co2 powered, is that how it would be tested should the occasion ever arise?
    Should I clip the hammer spring so that it shoots sub-500 fps on Co2, then adjust regulator pressure (again) to get me back to where I was? I really don't want to mess with it seeing as it is doing what I had planned from the start - lots of shots @ just under 500 fps - but I also don't want to have a (potentially) restricted gun.

Let the debate begin...

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

+ Reply to Thread