ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bushnell is terrible at marketing...

Bushnell is terrible at marketing...

I put one of their 28mm Trophy Red Dot's (Model 73-0135) on a Challenger 2000 rifle before the last Eastern Ontario FTA shoot on the 27th- just because almost everything else I shoot with has a scope.

What a surprise! And no, I am not trying to flog a pile of these things, there's only a couple on the shelf right now anyways.

These little things are great- and this is where Bushnell's marketing sucks- they have a selectable reticle- as in different reticle patterns- a crosshair, a red dot, or a circle with dot on center- and they barely mention this anywhere in their documentation (I was expecting just a dot, but actually use the circle w/dot now). Red or Green is selectable and each has multiple brightness settings. No bleed of the reticle as found on alot of red dot sights (at least using the green, didn't use the red, but it didn't seem to have any bleed/flare either). It was easy to see- even shooting in broad daylight. I found no "creep" in its settings (always good)- but of course this was on a PCP rifle, so maybe not the harshest test environment). It was sharp and consistent and would certainly be worth the extra $50.00 when compared to some of the more "budget" minded red dots (although the cheaper Tasco red dot isn't bad either- especially for the price). I was surprised by it.

Sadly, my shooting wasn't so great- not the sight's fault- it was all me being too wobbly that day.

Picture of it:

730135.jpg

For specs on it:

http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/...ght-28mm-p-692

So, for a review, this little thing gets an A+ when comparing it's quality vs. price.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Interesting... I wonder if they would fit on the Zoraki/Alecto. I tried the single lens one that sticks straight up before and I always seemed to have to move the gun around to find the dot. Seems like this one would be a little better for "pointing right on taget".

It is good, and with the multiple reticles and the fact it stays centered, there is no 'hunting' for it as long as you have the sight in front of your face. I was expecting less, and was pleasantly surprised!
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I've had this sight for about a year now, and no real problems with it.

The light intensity of the cross-hair reticle is too bright for normal, every day use, even at it's lowest intensity setting. It holds a good zero. I've used it mostly on my air pistols, and haven't really given it a good work-out on a rifle, yet.

There are a couple of different ways this sight can be mounted. It comes with 30mm rings to fit the Weaver rail type bases. I opted to change the rings to 30 mm rimfire rings by BKL. The other method is to use a rimfire to weaver adapter. Weaver part # TO 10 is a good inexpensive way to do it-without adding a lot height to the line of sight- if you don't mind the marks that the set screws will leave behind.

This sight is a huge improvement over the Pro-Point II that I wasted money on. I bought it on sale, and the probability that the pro-point is a factory "second" is quite high....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

+ Reply to Thread