ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crosman 2300T

Can somebody please correct me but aren't airguns that shoot above 500 fps allowed as long as the fpe in under a certain limit?
    Occasionally somebody does quote the firearms act when discussing such matters.

Then again the deciding factor is that added sticker on the box of any airgun destined for Canada; "Detuned for sale in Canada"
    Benjamin NP Trail (0.22)
    Stoeger X5 (0.177)
    SIG Sauer X-Five Open (0.177)
    H&K MP5-PDW (0.177)
    Crosman 3576 (0.177)
    Crosman 1377 (0.177)
    Elite II (0.177)
    Colt Defender (0.177)
    Colt Combat Special (0.177)

Banned
    Well I just got back from the gun store and they said anything under 500 fps I can take anywhere I want and plink on any crown land or with permission from land owners,,my truck was stolen and as soon as I get the extra repairs I want done on it will get a 2240,,steel breech,,power adjuster,,and was unsure of a Lother Walthers 10.1 in. or 14 in. barrel,,a scope,,plus will cut down a rifle stock to suit my arm length,,don't like custom grips but will get wooden ones for the gun and strip and re-stain to the color I like,,that'll bring the 2240 very close to the 2300T,,everything can be done that I can see by unbolt and bolt on,,if there's anything else I've missed about moding with little to no effort please let me know,,have plenty of bean bags for camera rest using long telephoto lenses that have to be solid and expect to go the same way with the pistol.
    Charlie

You can see the basic idea on the RCMP webpage: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...me_air-eng.htm Item 1 on that sheet.

I think what is being missed in this particular discussion is that above 500fps/4.2fpe a handgun is a "Restricted" firearm requiring the proper licensing, registration and Authorization to Transport (ATT) permit to move it anywhere.

.22 versions of the 2300 can only be bought from the Crosman Custom Shop by an American consumer in the US. So, if someone wanted to be technical, they could have a US address and a US credit card, order one from the Crosman Custom shop and then attempt to get it over the border- which may not work out for them very well.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Banned
    I understand it and will not try for the 2300T,,being a touch below 500 fps allows me to transport carry and shoot on any crown land,,nothing is restricted other than common sense and care.
    Charlie

Banned
    Not that I'm getting that old but just took a trip around the corner to the local RCMP,,explained what my intentions were the moding for accuracy and such and where I intended to use it and it would be just under 500 fps and he just said have fun,,no problems..so that is that no more questions on that subject.
    Charlie

sure if the idea is to mod a 2240 , as long as it says 2240 and shoot under 500, 4.3 fpe no trouble, but keep in mind that you are moding a pistol and as soon as you pass the limit with standard weight pellets it become restricted firearm ..

that being sayed there is nothing forbiding you from moding the gun for accuracy just keep in mind that co2 and hpa the longer the barell (up to a certain point) the more velocity .

leignt of barell does not nesserly mean accuracy

Banned
    Hi Eric,,from what I started out wanting to where I am now has changed,,at the moment I'm seriously thinking of the 1322 pump in .22 at with a 14 in barrel 460 fps,,will get the steel breech and shoulder stock,,scope and such,,I know you know there are a number of mods for it and having access to milling equipment can make all the brass pretty parts I've seen,,I do not shoot to kill or injure any little critters as I've read in a number of posts,,couple photos of years gone by.
    CharlieHunting.jpgPanning.jpgHunting.jpg

Banned
    Not that I like to be difficult but after a lot of searching on the web and taking a look at the 1377 at Canadian Tire I said no again,,just called Erics wife and ordered a 2240 in .22,,,a steel breech,,the rifle stock,,brass end plug for the steel breech,,Eric will call back in a few hrs to answer some questions on the .22 hollow probe,,velocity adjustment and a few other parts,,SOOOO with luck maybe it should be here in BC on Fri,,and or Mon.as I said am very new to this but I think I got the best combination at this first time to get me started,,we all know it doesn't stop there and there will be lots more to come,,once I take it all apart and touch things and put the new parts in just to understand the names of parts and what they do,,should have some fun though.
    Charlie

Uh, no one called my wife- she has nothing to do with the business.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Uh, no one called my wife- she has nothing to do with the business.
    Careful with that, my wife came home with a new purse and she made the mistake of leaving the tag attached... it said 180$ I almost fainted, I asked her we she took the money to buy that thing and she told me she sold one of my guns to buy it argumentation over, you win. There's just no winning with these things!
    I must admit it's kinda fair, I buy airguns/she buys shoes and purses. I don't see the point of buying so many purses and she doesn't see the point in owning so many different guns.

+ Reply to Thread