ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crosman 2300T

Banned

Crosman 2300T

Where can you find a store that sells this 2300T
    Charlie

You can't in Canada- it is considered a "Restricted Firearm" as it is a handgun and shoots over 500fps.

If you have $450.00 burning a hole in your pocket, I might have an idea where you can find a totally legal Crosman 1701P- but it is a PCP match pistol, not Co2.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

It doesn't look all that much different from the Crosman 2240 except it's .177 cal.
    Benjamin NP Trail (0.22)
    Stoeger X5 (0.177)
    SIG Sauer X-Five Open (0.177)
    H&K MP5-PDW (0.177)
    Crosman 3576 (0.177)
    Crosman 1377 (0.177)
    Elite II (0.177)
    Colt Defender (0.177)
    Colt Combat Special (0.177)

Banned
    Am looking for the 2300T,,it's got the steel breech good barrel,,power adjustment,,rather than doing mods to get the same.
    Charlie

Unless you have a PAL for Restricted Firearms and plan to order from a vendor in the US- you're not going to get one in Canada- Crosman won't ship them and the potential market is so small for such a thing, no dealer will go outside/away from Crosman to do it.

Banned
    It's under the restricted FPS rule,,will go to the gun store and see if I payed up front they'd order one for me,,with all the mods they do on the 2240 some take it over the restricted 500 FPS rule,,don't know why the stores don't stock them,,they stock just about everything ells from Crosman with the same FPS,,then to there would be no monies made from mod parts.
    Charlie

Crosman determines what it will "allow" for Canada. Any dealer can bring in products if they can find a US distributor to ship them- but Crosman won't do it. As Crosman believes (accurately, in my opinion) that the market for "Restricted" pellet shooters is quite limited, they just won't ship to Canada.

Also, and maybe not a big deal if someone really wants one, but as a result of Crosman not "approving" them for sale in Canada, there is no warranty on such things through the Canadian warranty program (i.e. if you want it to be fixed under warranty, it would have to be shipped from, and back to, a US destination.

Also, not sure what you mean "restricted FPS rule"? They are both over 500fps and considered "Restricted" firearms as opposed to "not restricted" long guns- so a person also needs an ATT to move it around.

Banned
    They advertise fps differently depending on what site you go to,,.177 520,,.22 420 460,,just wanted one with a steel breech and power adjustment,,one you don't have to mod to get it,,but if I have to,,I have to.
    Charlie

? Where are they available in .22 caliber? Crosman hasn't made them in .22 as an off-the-shelf item for a number of years- and as such, they are listed in the FRT as "Restricted"- no exceptions. If you're talking about a "Custom Shop" gun- then only consumers in the US can order them (not US dealers and not Canadians at all).

Banned
    Did a search and found them on the web in .177 and .22,,just getting into this so will go down to the local gun store and find out what the score is,,I know what you have to go through to get a long gun but an air gun under 500 fps for plinking is a different story,,or so I thought but will find out for sure come morning,,have owned several long guns and pistols but that was 30 years ago,,hand guns were all registered but have been sold long ago,,will know more as I said in the morning.
    Charlie

+ Reply to Thread