ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avoid buyer from PEI with last name "Latremouille"...

Avoid buyer from PEI with last name "Latremouille"...

Some people...

People purchased a 1088 a number of weeks ago (hard to tell who was being communicated with, seemed to be a husband/wife sharing the same email account- no one ever signed their name), they received it, then placed another order for some Co2 caplets. I informed him/her/they (?) that the caplets as a stand-alone item was a waste of shipping expense- they could purchase them at any retailer for a somewhat higher cost, but without shipping charges that would make ordering them online a waste of their time and their money. 'They' said they didn't realize this and were not heard from for a few days- then an email arrives that the "pellet holder has broken in two".

So, wanting to be clear on things, I send back a question to them (?) of "by pellet holder do you mean this..." and a link to a pellet magazine.

Never get a response. Then, Friday last week (nearly a month since I asked the question/sent the link) I get a telephone message stating the guy has been communicating with us and is waiting on parts. I email back that we have not been communicated with for weeks, and the last email we received was the statement about the broken part/gun, and my response to it was the question/link to which no reply was ever gotten and then suggested perhaps they had been speaking to somewhere else (i.e. the warranty depot?). I receive an email back of "I have been dealing with Fox Sporting Goods in Perth Ontario" and nothing else.

So, to continue this seemingly elongated story, I respond with an email stating we have not been communicated with since we sent our question to them weeks before and ask them to review that email and respond to the question so we can resolve things.

The response back?

"Thank you, I have reviewed the email May 2cd..and if not clear enough..there were photos sent..I mean the plastic insert where pellets or bb's are loaded in the top of the gun..can't be any clearer than that..the revolving plastic piece simply broke after two firings..I will await your return with a reminder that I have been a good and patient client..bought and liked the crossman rifle before this pistol..but will very unfavourably review this transaction unless you simply send me the replacement parts..Fred" -first email with an indication of who is writing it.

Hmmm- well, I'm glad he reviewed the May 2 email (one with questions and link to magazines)- but no pictures or anything else was ever received from him at any point as he seems to be asserting. He does now outline he needs a pellet magazine, but then refers to "parts" (is there something else he thinks he has communicated to us?)- but then has to end the note with a demand and a 'threat'. For anyone that knows me- demands and threats I do respond to, but not the way alot of people seem to expect- so I write back to stop with the demands and 'threats' or they can bugger off and then deal with the warranty centre where they will be asked to send the entire gun to be assessed before the issue will be resolved.

Responses from them? An email coming from the "she" (second email to arrive with a name in it) apparently attempting to be nicer and then throwing in some comment about 'testosterone'. Then, a few minutes later another email that is written by ? criticizing how they've been dealt with.

My final response was for them to go to the warranty provider.

So;

Who purchases a single product via tag team?
    Who then perceives they have done something (i.e. had communications with someone else) that didn't exist?
    Who then demands/threatens they be given what they want without having established anything other than there are apparently alot of confused people involved and there is one specific, and maybe more as yet undefined, broken pieces?

And this is why some days in business just suck...

I don't expect these people are likely in the online forums- but nonetheless thought I should put out a warning that if they pop up it may just be another one of those husband/wife gangbang scenarios where no one is apparently clear on what is going on and the end result will likely be disappointing for everyone involved.

I feel your pain Eric but for every bad sale experience there must be two dozen good ones.

You seem to have done everything correct Eric and I would think that most sellers would deflect any warranty concerns to the manufacturer rather than to even discuss the matter.
    It's too bad that you have to lose so much of your time answering such emails.
    Benjamin NP Trail (0.22)
    Stoeger X5 (0.177)
    SIG Sauer X-Five Open (0.177)
    H&K MP5-PDW (0.177)
    Crosman 3576 (0.177)
    Crosman 1377 (0.177)
    Elite II (0.177)
    Colt Defender (0.177)
    Colt Combat Special (0.177)

The name rings a bell, I think they're on the CAF but I don't remember the exact user name but I do know the name Latremouille from over there.

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Some people...

And this is why some days in business just suck...
    Alleluia! Chin up, no matter what we each do, there are good days and there are bad days....
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

Fortunately, 19 out of 20 people are very good- it's that 20th person/persons that make things tough sometimes.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

There are definitely lots of morons out there. Lots of people trying to pull something as well. I had a customer request that I ship her reptiles in late April, without a signature required as her son would be home that day but he is under 18 and cant sign for them. I explained that we normally ship with signature required so Canada Post cant just leave the package outside in the cold. "Oh no, he will be home all day". A month later, she tells me Canada Post left the box on her door step since her son was not home, and one of the lizards is not doing well.
    I asked why she did not tell me this as soon as she got home, instead of waiting, I think it was 32 days. Turns out she took the "cold" lizard, and stuck him in 85-90 degree water to warm him up as fast as possible. Of course this is the worst thing you could do. If allowed to warm to room temp naturally, it would have been fine.

Most issues when legitimate, can be resolved easily if the buyer will communicate with the seller in a timely and detailed manner.

LOL

Thanks Eric,
    I really needed the great laugh. It might be driving you crazy, but, this is better than Television. Ha ha ha

I feel for you too, however, you will, someday, think this is a very funny story. What I find so funny is that Mr & Mrs "one sandwich short of a picnic" are thinking that they have done things that they did not do. I find this in not an uncommon human experience. Strange as it may seem, many people cannot read plain English and believe that thinking of something is the same as doing something.

Until I read your post, I was concerned about posting a long review of the Crosman 1077. Now I feel it would be half appropriate anyway.

Sorry for your angst, you have always been helpful and curtious to me. It seems you found a graceful way out of it by refering them to the manufacturer. Bully for you!

Quote Originally Posted by paddyfritz View Post
    There are definitely lots of morons out there. Lots of people trying to pull something as well. I had a customer request that I ship her reptiles in late April, without a signature required as her son would be home that day but he is under 18 and cant sign for them. I explained that we normally ship with signature required so Canada Post cant just leave the package outside in the cold. "Oh no, he will be home all day". A month later, she tells me Canada Post left the box on her door step since her son was not home, and one of the lizards is not doing well.
    I asked why she did not tell me this as soon as she got home, instead of waiting, I think it was 32 days. Turns out she took the "cold" lizard, and stuck him in 85-90 degree water to warm him up as fast as possible. Of course this is the worst thing you could do. If allowed to warm to room temp naturally, it would have been fine.

Most issues when legitimate, can be resolved easily if the buyer will communicate with the seller in a timely and detailed manner.
    The lizard was cold so she cooked the poor thing!?!

May I say for the population of PEI, Sorry. Were definitely not all like that. Hope they were from away. Latremouille doesn't sound like a Island name to me. Sorry Eric. Must be the heat! Lol

Oh I forgot to mention, Eric I find dealing with you a pleasure. Your knowledge and way of doing business unsurpassed.
    Once more sorry.
    Last edited by islandkent; Aug 20 2012 at 06:57 AM.

No need for anyone to apologize for anyone else- especially someone they have no knowledge of or contact with! The majority of people on the small-ish isle of PEI have been great. This specific situation never came back again- I assume the warranty people sorted it out, or it was one of these "let's pretend we have a problem and see if we can get something for nothing" situations (which do occur, occasionally), or for another option- the "tag team" members were just confusing each other, and dragging the rest of the world into it. Maybe one of the team damaged the product and not wanting to let the other know about it- caused the confustion to let the vendor (me) either pony up something to cover one of their behinds, or drive it all sideways intentionally in order to be able blame the vendor for the situation.

+ Reply to Thread