There are definitely lots of morons out there. Lots of people trying to pull something as well. I had a customer request that I ship her reptiles in late April, without a signature required as her son would be home that day but he is under 18 and cant sign for them. I explained that we normally ship with signature required so Canada Post cant just leave the package outside in the cold. "Oh no, he will be home all day". A month later, she tells me Canada Post left the box on her door step since her son was not home, and one of the lizards is not doing well.
I asked why she did not tell me this as soon as she got home, instead of waiting, I think it was 32 days. Turns out she took the "cold" lizard, and stuck him in 85-90 degree water to warm him up as fast as possible. Of course this is the worst thing you could do. If allowed to warm to room temp naturally, it would have been fine.

Most issues when legitimate, can be resolved easily if the buyer will communicate with the seller in a timely and detailed manner.