ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mini Gauge???

Mini Gauge???

Would anyone happen to know where I can find a couple of "mini" gauges like what's on a 13 ci hpa bottle (i.e: 1" - 1.5" max diameter, 1/8" NPT), but only 2500-3500 psi AND marked in 50-100 psi increments? I need/want something a little more precise than the 6000 psi ninja one that is marked in 500 psi increments.

My original plan was to use a Disco gauge (which I may still do), but if I can find what I described above - even better!!

FYI - I have looked at Swagelok, Princess Auto, PaintballGearCanada etc with no success...

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

I think the problem may be that anything in that size cannot be too "precise" as the lettering on the face takes up alot of space.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Best readily available gauge is for the MRod.... ~3500 psi in ~200 psi increments....

If you go to 1.5", you can get 100 psi increments, but I have no idea where in Canada.... and it may need to be a bottom mount, liquid filled....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    I think the problem may be that anything in that size cannot be too "precise" as the lettering on the face takes up alot of space.
    True enough, never thought of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Rsterne
    Best readily available gauge is for the MRod.... ~3500 psi in ~200 psi increments....
    Thanks for the tip, Bob. I will have to see if my "local AG supplier" has any or can get them...

Truth be told, either Disco or M-Rod gauge would be perfectly fine for my application, just thought I would see what options were available before ordering. To paraphrase Eric: I was "over-scientificating" things!

Thanks for the info, guys!

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

If anyone can get in gauges from McMaster Carr, they have some miniature 1" back mount gauges.... 5% tolerance....

Center Back Connection
    Dial Size; Pipe Size; # ; $ Each
    1" ; 1/8" ; 9767T21 ; $10.78

0-4000 & 0-5000 psi is 200 psi divisions; 0-6000 psi is 500 psi divisions.... all have numbers at 1K increments.... I would think the 4000 psi gauge would be pretty good for our use except on a 4500 psi tank, and then the 5000 psi would be good.... The dial sweeps ~ 150 degrees, similar to the ones on Ninja regulators....

They also have a good selection of 1.5" liquid filled gauges with 1/8" NPT mounts on the bottom and the back.... and one dry 1.5" gauge with a 2% tolerance....

Center Back Connection
    Dial Size; Pipe Size; # ; $ Each
    1.5" ; 1/8" ; 40565K52; $12.18

0-3000 & 0-4000 psi is 100 psi divisions, numbers in 1K increments.... Gauges are not as accurate at full scale, and easy to over-drive the mechanism, so I would recommend the 3000 psi for use to 2500 and the 4000 psi above that.... The dial sweeps ~270 degrees....

Bob
    Last edited by rsterne; Mar 09 2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

+ Reply to Thread