ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Member

Banned

Name is Charlie as you can see,,and yes I am an old man of just 73,,I live in British Columbia and have hunted and prospected many more miles than I care to mention,,when prospecting have always packed a 44 magnum on my hip along with a 12 gauge shot gun with slugs because we have slightly large bears out here,,not that a magnum hand gun would help but nice to carry,,as time went on I switched from ******s to a camera,,now more time has passed and am back to a ******,,but this ****** is not to kill just to play with and I have lots of time to play,,being retired the wife and I come and go as we please and in the warm weather here travel all over BC back roads photographing whatever my eye catches and in the evening I shoot the stars and Planets,,happened to bump into a friend that had an air pistol and said why not give it a try,,so here I am just getting started and ordered a Crosman .22 air pistol and a few extra parts and hope to do a few mods that I've read about,,haven't got a clue what I'm doing but it will be fun doing it and while trecking through the woods with a camera I can still have a piece on my hip to play with while resting my old legs,,will have many questions to ask about the subject till I learn more and can figure it out myself,,am an avid DIYer and my main projects before this one was building DC power supplies for DSLRs those Astro Photographers that need more camera power that a little battery can give,,you just supply 12 volts to a switching voltage regulator,,set it to the voltage your camera uses,,attach it to a dummy camera battery and plug it into the camera and your set for many days of night shooting with ample battery life,,so hello to all and I had better start reading what you guys are playing with and I'm about to.by for now.
    Charlie

Hello Charlie, and welcome!

Beautiful part of the country you live in. I have an uncle who keeps wanting me to come out (Quesnel area), but I'm afraid once I get there, I won't want to come back!

Great bunch of fella's here with loads of info to share. What pistol did you end up ordering? I for one look forward to seeing it progress into your own creation (and remember, we like pics - which by the looks of it, won't be a problem for you! )

Cheers for now,

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

Welcome Charlie. :)

In the event your friend didn't warn you....it's an addictive yet greatly entertaining/rewarding path you've started down...suggest you keep going. lol

Might hurt the wallet a little at times, but totally worth it.

See ya around,

Al

Welcome to the forum

Have fun with that pistol and let us know how it went. As Gippeto says though .... It's addictive
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread