I did have a steel breech on it briefly- (just out of curiosity) with the breech band holding everything together. I did not have the screw into the valve pin guide, and had some wildly fluctuating velocities as a result.

At present, I have a detent spring from an electrical transfer switch, in behind the sear block. This is a lengthy, open coiled, medium light tension s/s spring. I may have lucked out with this spring, and it's levelled off pull weight.

There appears to be a cut in the top of the tube for a hammer pin. It looks to be factory original milling to me. Not at all surprising, given Crosman's penchant for across the line use of parts interchangability. It could even be a later variant replacement tube for all I know...

Gun's very consistent with the Exact Heavy from JSB. I'm really going to have to source these somehow, and get a couple of tins in before hunting season opens.

I wish sometimes that I had more time to put into these things. Work really gets in the way of projects, but that's the reality of things for now...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail