ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin Trail All Weather...3000 round update.

Benjamin Trail All Weather...3000 round update.

In June of last year, I ordered a Benjamin Trail All-Weather in .22 from ScopesandAmmo. I was very pleased with my purchase, and posted a review on the CAF in August:
    http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic41548.html

Fast forward to May of 2012. I’ve since added a Centerpoint 4-16x40 scope, and a bipod.

IMG_1440.jpg

I’ve also put about 3000 pellets down the pipe.

This pellet rifle has really come into its own. I’m getting excellent consistency with it, and the issues I had with dieseling and the stiff barrel-break are only a ghost of a memory now.

I’ve found that the rifle still really prefers the Benjamin Discovery Hollow Point pellets. I’ve had to shoot a few tins of the Crosman HP’s but that’s only when I’ve had to get them from Canadian Tire, as placing an online order wasn’t an option at the time. The gun kinda likes the Crosmans, and they’re my “B” choice.

All other attempts at feeding different pellets to this gun have been abysmal failures….(and I mean, like trying to put toothpaste back in a tube failures, I sh*t you not…)

The attached target is 25 ½” circles, shot seated with a rested bipod, using the Crosmans @ 10m. The 19/25 pleases me, as a lot of my misses are the Indian, not the arrow.

19 of 25.jpg

All and all, still a great pellet gun, and a great value.

HS
    My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

Maybe now people will stop saying these aren't reliable...

Quote Originally Posted by DocGadget View Post
    Maybe now people will stop saying these aren't reliable...
    Really?!?
    I haven't heard that....this is by FAR the most reliable, and predictable airgun I've ever owned.

I like that bipod. Can you tell me what model it is and where you bought it?

I was on the impression that bipods didn't improve the accuracy of an air rifle but maybe that's the models that grip the barrel.
    It looks like yours is fastened to the stock not the barrel. Is that custom?
    Benjamin NP Trail (0.22)
    Stoeger X5 (0.177)
    SIG Sauer X-Five Open (0.177)
    H&K MP5-PDW (0.177)
    Crosman 3576 (0.177)
    Crosman 1377 (0.177)
    Elite II (0.177)
    Colt Defender (0.177)
    Colt Combat Special (0.177)

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
    I like that bipod. Can you tell me what model it is and where you bought it?

I was on the impression that bipods didn't improve the accuracy of an air rifle but maybe that's the models that grip the barrel.
    It looks like yours is fastened to the stock not the barrel. Is that custom?
    The bipod is a NcStar AR bipod for weaver rail that I bought from ScopesAndAmmo:

http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/...ver-rail-p-561 ,

For $30....it's not too damn bad. It's mounted on a section of Weaver rail I cannibalized from a softair BB M4, (and it's where the Weaver rail for the flashlight is from, as well).

I've heard that the barrel clamp bipods can affect POI, so that's why I decided to get ghetto, and mount it how it is.
    I've had no issues whatsoever affecting accuracy.

Plus it looks ever so damn cool.......

Having not taken my NP All Weather apart I'm wondering just how long a screw/bolt you used to
    fix your rail to the underside of the gun?

And Hammer, while you are answering that, have you opened up the piston chamber? I have not tried the pellets you mentioned and have horrid groups, which I ascribed to my not handling (artillary hold and all) the gun correctly. However I am tempted to go in and look at the seal, the groups are so big. I am just wondering how much preload there is on the piston? Not worth going to hospital just to have a look see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poor-man Plinker View Post
    And Hammer, while you are answering that, have you opened up the piston chamber? I have not tried the pellets you mentioned and have horrid groups, which I ascribed to my not handling (artillary hold and all) the gun correctly. However I am tempted to go in and look at the seal, the groups are so big. I am just wondering how much preload there is on the piston? Not worth going to hospital just to have a look see!!!
    Post this as a topic thread. With some pictures of your crown would be best. There is loads of info out there on how to get the B18/19 shooting better and it deserves it's own thread
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by shotputter View Post
    Having not taken my NP All Weather apart I'm wondering just how long a screw/bolt you used to
    fix your rail to the underside of the gun?
    I used screws that are about a cm/cm 1/2 long. The plastic of the stock seems pretty robust, and I haven't had any issues with the screws backing out, or the mini-rail getting loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Poor-man Plinker View Post
    At this point, I'm still terrified of really opening up any airguns for that exact reason......maybe I'll sack up and build a spring compressor sometime, but for now, I'm so satisfied with the gun, I don't wanna mess with it.

I've been getting good results with Benjamin HP's, Crosman HP's, and the RWS super H-points.

+ Reply to Thread