ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: More Lothar-Walther barrels?

Okely Dokely.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Thanks Neddy.

Okay, we're getting closer to getting this done- seems LW staff (i.e. family) are running about the countryside regularly and the people left in the office have not got the ability to do much beyond quote "list" on things. I believe we finally have this straightened out, so hopefully it will only be a matter of time before barrels start shipping...

Well, I have to say, no matter how this turns out, I am done dealing with Lothar-Walther in Germany.

Months. Months! To get them to -sorta- get their act together, they were sent payment weeks ago, acknowledged they received it, and have been unable to provide any sort of tracking information, claiming they sent 20 barrels via "airmail". I don't know too many postal services that take 50kg packages nor have I ever encountered anyone mentally deficient enough to send something like that via mail (at a cost that seems higher than a courier service for such a package). These guys are absolutely, unbelievably useless. Anyone who ever says "German efficiency" to me is going to get a kick in the shorts- rarely have I encountered such a lackadaisical attitude, almost a total lack of action, and then failure to even ship products properly and be trackable. Who knows if or when something might show up- assuming of course they actually shipped anything.

If anyone knows of any good barrel manufacturers out there (not LW)- please let me know.

You might want to give Green Mountain a try. They'll tackle the weird, up to a certain point... Dunno if they mandrel/button for a/g bores- couldn't hurt to ask...

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Last edited by Doc Sharptail; Apr 30 2013 at 03:49 AM.
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

I'll give anyone a try at this point- LW in Germany is hopeless. Makes me wonder if the 'distributor' in the US is actually getting all their barrels from them or somewhere else. I find it hard to believe that I have needed to deal with 4 different people on a small order and the amount of back-forth, the lack of understanding that they can't charge more to a dealer in Canada than their US distributor is charging to consumers and so on- everything, and I mean everything, has been an issue with these guys.

Well, the barrels finally came in- months after starting the process of trying to set-up an order and weeks after LW was paid for them. I am almost shocked they actually showed up (I won't be attempting to deal with LW in Germany again after this experience).

So, for anyone who wanted a barrel/barrels (the specific units people ordered came in- i.e. 16mm .22 cal choked and .22 and .177 choked)- shoot me an email through the webstore.

+ Reply to Thread