Well, I have to say, no matter how this turns out, I am done dealing with Lothar-Walther in Germany.

Months. Months! To get them to -sorta- get their act together, they were sent payment weeks ago, acknowledged they received it, and have been unable to provide any sort of tracking information, claiming they sent 20 barrels via "airmail". I don't know too many postal services that take 50kg packages nor have I ever encountered anyone mentally deficient enough to send something like that via mail (at a cost that seems higher than a courier service for such a package). These guys are absolutely, unbelievably useless. Anyone who ever says "German efficiency" to me is going to get a kick in the shorts- rarely have I encountered such a lackadaisical attitude, almost a total lack of action, and then failure to even ship products properly and be trackable. Who knows if or when something might show up- assuming of course they actually shipped anything.

If anyone knows of any good barrel manufacturers out there (not LW)- please let me know.