ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soft Feel Gunstock

Soft Feel Gunstock

I have noticed a few rifles comming on the market that have a soft rubbery coating applied over the wooden stock. The Daystate Panther for example. I think this would feel interesting and was wondering if anyone knows what this coating is, how it`s applied etc. and if there is a like product available to try out. I guess it would be sprayed on like bed-liner but stay soft to the touch. Any thoughts?

Not sure I'd want the whole stock done, but if it was grippy, I could see applying it under the forearm and around the pistol grip as an alternative to stippling/checkering...

Not sure about durability, but Michaels (the craft store) had liquid latex rubber for making candle molds. Put it on with a brush. Could maybe be coloured with food colouring?

Another thought...do you remember those vinyl repair kits for fixing the seats of your car? (dating myself here ;) ) I believe the patch material stayed flexible...not sure where you would find a kit now though. Ebay?

Yup. :)

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=...All-Categories

Cheap enough to try out on a piece of 2x4.

I have some stuff called Plasti Grip made for tool handles. You can paint it on or just dip the handle in it. Makes a real rubbery grip. Comes in different colors. Can,t remember where I got it, maybe Canadian Tire.

Could be something similar to spray on truck bed liner.

+ Reply to Thread