Possible DANGEROUS flaw/quirk.

I noticed this when I was doing the shot count per fill test. The final bit of the coking stroke is VERY heavy and makes it easier for this to happen, especially with a weaker shooter. When cocking you get a heavy spring pressure with a sudden stop, pulling a bit farther back will cock the rifle.

I was noticing that sometimes I would go to pull the trigger and there would be no resistance (except for the spring pulling it forward) until it got to the breaking point when it would suddenly go off. Quite the hair trigger in these instances.

What happens is if you do not pull the lever hard all the way back the sear barely catches and will still seem like it is cocked. When you pull the trigger there will be no "first stage" and as soon as you even touch the "2nd stage" it WILL FIRE. This could lead to an accidental discharge and cause injury if you are unaware it has happened. I do not know if knocking/bumping etc can set it off in this situation or not.

I have been able to replicate this by slowly pulling it back until it starts to latch then stopping pressure. If you go back a little more it will fully engage. I do not know if there is a way to polish things to prevent this from happening but will have to check things out.

Another small problem is with the sloppy cocking lever. Since there is so much up and down play the area where the lever and hammer linkage is pinned together is contacting the action on the closing stroke and is actually damaging the finish. I will see if I can add small washers or something to take the play out and improve it.

I will also have to try to center the bolt because it is high when entering the breech. It is off enough that you can easily tell by looking at it and it makes the bolt feel "sticky" because of the extra force required to move it.

I may just be nitpicking over these last two things but I feel I should report everything. But for a $650 gun these things should have been taken care of.

You can see where it has been rubbing with only 250 shots.