Won't matter- I believe every province has the same requirement. The issue here is merely one of "receipt" really- you purchase a gun or a box of cookies the vendor records the transaction. Unless you pay in cold, hard cash- it can be determined exactly what you bought, when and where if "everybody" plays along i.e. the bank and the store. For a society that is paying 85% of its bills using credit cards, debit cards, email payments, etc. this should be a non-issue- if someone really wants to know what you bought at the drugstore last Tuesday or the gas station yesterday, or the "adult" store on Saturday, it can be figured out pretty easily, if "everybody" plays along.

The one thing people are missing here too, is- let's assume that a gun store records everything about a transaction- buyer's license info, address and the product purchased. This buyer then "sells" the gun to someone else to whom they believed had valid licensing- this person-person transfer did not require any recording of details and the gun is now "lost" to the public record/any records.

This process, by the way, is no different than the US- FFL holders (gun sellers) are required to record transaction details (without a license, mind you), meanwhile people can sell guns person-to-person with no such checks or recording of info- this is called the "gunshow loophole" of late.

I don't see what the big deal about this is, other than a bunch of people looking for something "new" to complain about. Gun sales have been handled this way for a couple decades before the Registry came along. The "problem" only starts if the CFO starts requiring dealers to submit this information and they start recording it in a centralized location.