ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to compare 3000psi air tanks to 4500psi tanks?

I'm amazed at the way Crosman treats Canada and Canadian consumers. When Crosman is concerned I often get a sense of second zone consumer. Products Crosman has been coming out with in recent years are great, I mean look at their line of PCP's. How hard would it be to detune the Discovery, it's even easier on the Rogue, how hard would it be to make unshrouded Marauders pistols and rifles?
    The 90cu-in tank WITH the paintball vall retails for less than 200$ and the 4500psi valve retails for 105$ on airhog from airhog, so 305$ at RETAIL prices to get the 400$ Benjamin tank... I think they could have done better AND get it to us.
    Sorry I'm getting down my soap box now

That price on the Benjamin tank is from Pyramydair- so it's not Canada/Canadians getting it in this case (that is an entirely different discussion)- but everyone (of course in Canada the price would be higher- Crosman has a completely different pricelist for dealers in Canada as compared to the US).

I think the 'problem' right now is that Crosman no longer has a Canadian factory as it did up until about 25 years ago, and quite a few of their senior executives were actually Canadian- all of them excluding the current President (I don't know when he left Canada and if he ever gives the Canadian market a thought) have quit/retired- recent experience suggests there is absolutely no one "going to bat" for Canadians in their offices at this point. Of course this may not be limited to "Canada"- Crosman, like others (Daisy, Beeman) have gone more and more into the Big Box sales mindframe and this may drive issues/problems which we're not familiar with at this point. While we all know Canadian Tire has high prices- if they did not demand a new detuned model for Canada every year or two- Canada would never likely see anything new.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    That price on the Benjamin tank is from Pyramydair- so it's not Canada/Canadians getting it in this case (that is an entirely different discussion)- but everyone (of course in Canada the price would be higher- Crosman has a completely different pricelist for dealers in Canada as compared to the US).
    Yes I realise that, what I meant was that you can buy the tank and valve for cheaper the Benjamin tank is selling for, if PyramydAir is selling for that much I highly doubt other store would sell it for much lower

I think the 'problem' right now is that Crosman no longer has a Canadian factory as it did up until about 25 years ago, and quite a few of their senior executives were actually Canadian- all of them excluding the current President (I don't know when he left Canada and if he ever gives the Canadian market a thought) have quit/retired- recent experience suggests there is absolutely no one "going to bat" for Canadians in their offices at this point. Of course this may not be limited to "Canada"- Crosman, like others (Daisy, Beeman) have gone more and more into the Big Box sales mindframe and this may drive issues/problems which we're not familiar with at this point. While we all know Canadian Tire has high prices- if they did not demand a new detuned model for Canada every year or two- Canada would never likely see anything new.
    That's the eternal question for me. If no one buys from the big bucks chains they'll stop ordering large quantities of stuff and manufacturers will stop making new products for us but if we don't encourage smaller dealers (like you) we won' t get the smaller volume, more niche stuff and won't be getting the good service and knowledge no big store could EVER match

+ Reply to Thread