ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JSB Pellet Label and Pellet changes?

JSB Pellet Label and Pellet changes?

I bought some new JSB pellets at a gunshow here on Saturday. I was trying to look up the weight of them on-line, and came across this:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537...in+jsb+pellets

Anyways, the new pellets I got are the red on black label .22 "Diablo Jumbo Straton" at 15.9 gr. I'll have to bench them in the QB to see how well they do.

My main concern with this issue is the "Heavy Jumbo Exact" at 18.1 gr. in .22. They've been great for me in the grey on white label tins. Has any one here tried them since the label changes? Bob?

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Doc I think the straton's are a completely different pellet. A pointed version of the exacts.

Here is a link to their products page http://web.telecom.cz/schulz/main_e.htm
    Sean

I'm quite aware of the differences between the pellets mentioned. What I did notice is that at least the labeling changes have occurred across the entire JSB line- even the poly tip Predators get the new labeling.

I'm hoping that the head and skirt diameter changes mentioned in the link don't also extend across the entire JSB line, especially the heavy exacts. Those have got new labeling too...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

I have the 22 heavies - they were shipped by mistake when I ordered the 25 kings
    They labeling are almost identical - Same colors just different numbers - I missed it too when I first unpacked them
    Anyway - same pellet that I can see - shoots and weights the same as the ones I have in the gray and black tins
    I never mic'ed them though - never done that on any pellet - yet
    Use them in my Air Arms - really nice pellet
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by rocker45 View Post
    I have the 22 heavies - they were shipped by mistake when I ordered the 25 kings
    They labeling are almost identical - Same colors just different numbers - I missed it too when I first unpacked them
    Anyway - same pellet that I can see - shoots and weights the same as the ones I have in the gray and black tins
    I never mic'ed them though - never done that on any pellet - yet
    Use them in my Air Arms - really nice pellet
    Brian
    Thanks, Brian. That's the answer I was hoping for!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

To be honest, I do not visit any of the America-concentrated forums anymore. Alot of conjecture presented as "fact" I have found, and often not based on very solid evidence other than someone's anecdotes on product 'A' vs. product 'B'. I think part of it may be that there are 300 million Americans with no mentionable airgun laws of consequence- so the ownership level is much higher than in Canada per capita and by overall volume- thus the number of people posting things presuming to know what they are talking about can be confusing at times.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I don't have any of the new "red" tinned JSBs.... but I recently got a tin of the Cometa JSBs.... haven't tried them yet.... D&L seem to be switching over.... they told me there is no difference.... We'll see....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharptail View Post
    I'm quite aware of the differences between the pellets mentioned. What I did notice is that at least the labeling changes have occurred across the entire JSB line- even the poly tip Predators get the new labeling.

I'm hoping that the head and skirt diameter changes mentioned in the link don't also extend across the entire JSB line, especially the heavy exacts. Those have got new labeling too...
    Regards,
    Doc Sharptail
    Sorry about that Doc.
    I got a bit confused when you said new labeling on Straton tin was black with red writing.

AFIK That's the way it has always been.
    Sean

No need for apologies, Sean- clarity wins every time.

As far as postings on other forums go- I agree to a certain extent that some actually do talk into their hats- so to speak. The guy did try though- he actually sat down with calipers and found a difference between new and old. Skirt diameters below .219 are a bit dis-cincerting though....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

First 5 Stratons through the QB-D. 2 Shots at left were the first ones through the gun. They settled in nicely to cloverleaf the last 3. 12 Meters with the forearm rested. Bushnell Legend 4-12X at 6X. Scope is sighted in for the Daisy 14.3 gr. H.P.

These pellets appear to have good potential. They're very clean, well made pellets. I can't find much here to complain about....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

+ Reply to Thread