ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New(?) 22xx Transfer Port Seal

New(?) 22xx Transfer Port Seal

Seen this while surfing some other sites, looks like a good idea - http://www.gatewaytoaiirguns.org/GTA/index.php/topic,23102.new.html#new

Has anyone here tried this yet? I have an extra 22xx valve that I think I may try it out on.

Todd

P.S - Sorry Eric, if we're not allowed to post links from other forums. Wasn't sure if it was OK or not . Delete if necessary
    Last edited by sholo; Jan 02 2012 at 08:51 AM.
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

That mod is kinda neat. You just have to make sure you are tapping square otherwise the setscrew doesn't line up with the other parts. A little loctite and the setscrew has a nice seal to the valve.

Most of the mods I've seen replace the transfer port and seal with a combo of o-rings, tubing, etc. They all work. Bob (Rsterne, may he recover quickly) incorporated a brass fitted plug into his receiver to do the same job and to keep everything aligned for his 9mm project.

I'm of two minds on transfer port mods... It's cheap to just buy a transfer port and a gasket... It's cheaper to buy a length of brass tube and rubber hose and use it until you run out of projects. Of course, that depends on now much time you have...

Cheers!

Ya, I like that one of Bob's. I thought I'd seen just about every way you could possibly mod a transfer port seal, but lo-and-behold, I came across this one!
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

It is a good idea in that it eliminates possible leaking completely from one side of the port (the threaded side if a sealer is used on the threading).

If someone could figure out how to reassemble a valve once it's inside a tube- that would be great- thread both ends and have almost zero chance of leaks... (hate to have to be the guy to try and figure out how to take it apart again if I was unaware of such a setup, however).
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

+ Reply to Thread