ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ft ottawa 5 may

Quote Originally Posted by sholo View Post
    Nice pics, Mjutras! Looks like it was a blast!

Hopefully I won't have to work next time around Would really like to meet some fellow forum members (although not to eager to show how bad a shot I am...)

Todd
    Ditto....I'm bummin.
    Sean

I don't think shooting skill is something to worry about- the maximum score was 48 (i.e. perfect)- but the top scorer as I recall, was 33, and someone (never shot an airgun before) managed a "zero"- i.e. no hits. Nobody seemed to have any issues- although I think a couple of the more dedicated FTA competition guys might have been upset at having an 'off day'.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

we had a blast , evrething was reunited to make it super duper fun , after the ft shoot a buntch of us went to frank's place and cronied our gun , then setup a bunch of target and plink the afternoon away . this part was as mutch fun as all the rest ..

thanks to Dave and his frend who recived us like king. Thanks Marc for nice pictures. Thanks Eric for showing up and lend me a gun it was realy apreciated ,i steel feel sorry about the bolt seal i've broked on your gun.

HUGE tankd to Frank's wife Carole for the wonderful diner . and to leting us shoot till we where out of ammo and co2 .

It was a great day, good company. Thanks to our host and Dave for put it together.
    Oh yeah.....I was one of those not to impress with his score, a good day none the less.

John

"Official" results were sent out today. I don't think last names were recorded, but here were the results:

Here are the results that were read out at the match. Scores are out of 48.

33 Brian
    24 Duncan
    21 Todd
    19 Eric
    18 Dave
    16 Michel
    11 Andrew & Marc
    8 John & Jean
    6 Andre & Frank
    0 Kevin

There seems to be a couple names missing (don't know why) but their scores would not have placed them in the top 3 in any event.

So, as anyone can see- shooting "expertise" is not a big factor at these things as all sorts of variables can be present- i.e. weather conditions, guns being used, and so on. Hopefully no one is bothered by me posting this- but I think it serves as a good example that anyone can/should come out to these events- it is not a collection of Olympic marksman, generally speaking.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Ya, I read the same e-mail (scores) from Dave when I got home from work tonight.

Looks like he's thinking of having another shoot on May 27?

Damn!!....Might have to get my AR sooner than I thought!

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

+ Reply to Thread