ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quality compact scope options for my HW 85K?

Quality compact scope options for my HW 85K?

I have a HW 85K with a really nice R9 Stock. Its .22 caliber and launches RWS superdomes at 720 fps. Most of my shooting is in the yard in the country.
    Most shots i take are 10-25 yards away my longest shot would be 40 yards max. I shoot metal swing targets, popcans and have a licence for grackles.
    I have a $30 tasco bantam 4 power currently mounted. Its done the job for a while and is decent for the money and has not broke!

I would like to upgrade to a higher quality 4x compact scope under 10 inches long that will survive on a springer, budget up to $300

Here it is

Im not in a big hurry to buy and have been thinking of a nikon 4x rimfire but am not so sure it would work on an airgun.
    Ive also seen the bug buster but am always warry of a 100 dollar scope. I have a nice gun and would like to get a scope that reflects it.
    Thanks
    IanC

A bit longer than you'd like at 11.5" : http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/...-mil-dot-p-688 and might be too much magnification (?)
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by IanC. View Post
    I have a HW 85K with a really nice R9 Stock. Its .22 caliber and launches RWS superdomes at 720 fps. Most of my shooting is in the yard in the country.
    Most shots i take are 10-25 yards away my longest shot would be 40 yards max. I shoot metal swing targets, popcans and have a licence for grackles.
    I have a $30 tasco bantam 4 power currently mounted. Its done the job for a while and is decent for the money and has not broke!

I would like to upgrade to a higher quality 4x compact scope under 10 inches long that will survive on a springer, budget up to $300

Here it is

Im not in a big hurry to buy and have been thinking of a nikon 4x rimfire but am not so sure it would work on an airgun.
    Ive also seen the bug buster but am always warry of a 100 dollar scope. I have a nice gun and would like to get a scope that reflects it.
    Thanks
    IanC
    Ya need one of theses but are alittle hard to find and not cheap Beeman SS2 short scope ............

Lauchlin thats just what i would like to get! unfortunatly they are even more rare than the Hakko pistol scope i have posted in my thread.
    Eric, yeah thats a little long but im looking to replace the scope on my .223 when i do that i will get hold of you.. looks great

Any other ideas out there?

Centerpoint just released this little scope. Last I talked to Eric it was May-June time frame

Centerpoint.jpg
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread