ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crosman mark I seal sizes

Crosman mark I seal sizes

Hello,

I just got a Mark I from the other forum and unfortunately the seal inside the piercing cap is toast. It must have split sometime during the winter.

Since I am really impatient at this moment and want to start shooting it what is the recommended type and size of seal/oring? I will probably be ordering a whole seal kit after but dont want to wait that long

Eric has the proper seal kit:http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/...seal-kit-p-582 But seeing as you're in a hurry , piercing cap seal is 1/4" OD x 1/8" ID x 1/16" thick (same as MK I bolt seal). You may find however, that if the piercing cap seal/o-ring is toast, the others may not be far behind, if they're not already. Don't be surprised if Co2 starts spewing elsewhere...

Myself, I would just get the whole seal kit from Eric. That way you are only tearing the gun down once, changing all seals, and spending more time shooting - not repairing one seal at a time (and waisting Co2 cartridges to boot!)

Good luck and keep us posted on your results!

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

Oh, I intend to do just that but those will take at least a week to get here and I have new toyitis baaaad I'm sure others know the feeling

And has anybody ever noticed that the image for that item with the 2 Mark 1s is the same image as on Tcoopers article, just flipped? And that one of them is actually a Ruger Mark I?
    Last edited by averagejoe; Apr 17 2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

1/4 x 1/8 x 1/16 cross section is an 006 oring. Buna will be available at the hardware store...not sure how they'll last....but they're available...and cheap.

Handy little chart for ya...

http://www.broadleyjames.com/o-rings-size-chart.html

Thanks for that Gippeto. And not a single freaking 006 seal in the entire redneck town of mine! 2 hardware stores and an industrial supply store.

Hope the seal kit from Eric gets here fast

Just had to verify where you are....middle of freakin nowheres ville. Have an auto parts store? They usually carry o-rings too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gippeto View Post
    Just had to verify where you are....middle of freakin nowheres ville. Have an auto parts store? They usually carry o-rings too.
    Feck, I didn't even think of that lol. Nasty cold seems to be blocking the rational thinking.

Well, the seal kit came in today and I took apart the pistol. The piercing assembly one was hard as a rock and split in half like a bagel. The others are all still soft, but a little dry. Will be replacing them anyways.

Included with the scopesandammo seal kit is a new valve stem with a plastic base. Is there any reason I should install this over the stock brass one?

Well, got it all back together. It is really quite easy. Low power will go though one side of a cardboard box, and high power will go though a few more than that. Hi power will put a CPHP about half the pellet depth into duct seal and will flatten it ever so slightly. Low power will just bounce off.

+ Reply to Thread