ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Red Dot

BSA Red Dot

Hi All,

First question posted here!

I have a BSA red dot purchased specifically for a webley alecto. For the life of me, I simply can NOT site this thing in. No matter what I do, the red dot at center has me shooting so far off that i'm not even hitting the target from 20-30 feet. No changes I make seem to effect it either. I would really like to get this thing working, as the alecto is very accurate with stock sites (hits a little high, but, its all good when you know that).

So, is there a way to know if the red dot you have is broke? it makes a red dot, but that seems to be all it's doing.

ok ... that's weird .. pic ?

stupid question is it pointing in the good direction ?

Do the windage and elevation adjustments change your point of impact when shooting?
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Well No, I'm going to set a target up shortly for 10 feet. On one pump, and see how it goes. Date on the scope is 2009 ?! Maybe it's just a lemon..... I have no problems zeroing a crosman red dot (cheapie to boot), and regular scopes.....so.....I know what to do! Going to try it at close range and maybe I'll get an impact on the actual target board. At the current range i'm not even hitting the target board!

actually never a stupid question! Yup it sure is you can't put it on wrong - there is a weaver rail slot the front mount sits in.

If it's a weaver mount, won't adjust within an appropriate shooting range at a shootable distance, have you looked at the specifications on it- i.e. what is it's parallax set at from the factory (usually 100 yards, sometimes 50 yards, anything shorter is intended for an airgun or crossbow). Do you know if you are shooting high, low, left, right?

I believe I'm low left. So I move it up and right and nothing changes :( not sure on the parallax setting, I'll have to look that up! *edit* - Ok looked it up, apparantly set to 50 yards. Yup, thats great, you know, air pistols are all commonly shooting 50 yards with accuracy.....
    Last edited by Chewy; Apr 15 2012 at 11:02 AM.

Despite BSA Optics (BSA being a former airgun-only company) being owned by Gamo they don't seem to really plan things out very well. I'm not saying the parallax is "the" issue- but it may be contributing. You can try shimming the scope rings to allow things to be back within an adjustable range- which is not uncommon on scopes- but is usually not required on a red dot...

thanks Eric,

i'll check out how to do that and try again.

Finally got it sighted in - very happy with the performance. Just wish the dot was sizable so I could shrink it for targets further out.

+ Reply to Thread