ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So many choices. First PCP.

So many choices. First PCP.

I have been thinking of joining the dark side and getting a pcp. Problem is I can't decide which one

I have about $800 saved atm not counting CCs and will be saving more. I could a few different routes.

The starter route and get something that might cause more frustration than pleasure.
    Cheap gun and cheap pump. (Disco)

A little bit higher quality but still might need some work. Have heard of some QC issues about the Hatsans such as crappy crowns, bad threading on the airtube.
    Mid gun and Hill pump. (Hatsans)

Or I could go the route of a more expensive pre regulated externally adjustable gun. This way I can turn it up if I choose to go PAL at a later date without having to buy and regulate another airtube. (I chose the lynx because there is just "something" about the way it looks that I like)
    Good gun and Hill pump (Cometa Lynx)

Or I save lots more and get a Shoebox and tank. That would take about all I have saved atm but with only 1 gun seems a bit pointless. I live at least 2 hours away from any place that could do fills or inspections on tanks so a pump or shoebox are the only options. I am a pretty big guy so pumping will not be a problem.

It would be non pal and either .22 or .25. Oh yea I am also left handed and have read that a few guns stocks are not very lefty friendly. There is something about the at44 pump that I do not like and since rapid shooting is not needed a bolt or side lever is not a disadvantage.

Does anybody have any input that could help me decide? Should I go low quality in case I decide that "It is not for me" or should I got quality and give myself the best chance to like it?

When I succumbed to the dark side, I went for a AT44-1022 with hand pump, and haven't regretted it for a second. Maybe I got lucky but my AT44 is accurate and consistent.
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

Maybe I got lucky but my AT44 is accurate and consistent
    No duke you werent just lucky....I didnt even have to touch the crown for 30 yard clovers on a calm day that is. 50 yard pop caps from a bench is a normal long range target shooting with this Hatsan. I just love it!
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

Quote Originally Posted by Dukemeister View Post
    When I succumbed to the dark side, I went for a AT44-1022 with hand pump, and haven't regretted it for a second. Maybe I got lucky but my AT44 is accurate and consistent.
    X3. I have the short LW barrel on my .177. It is absolutely dog nutz out of the box. I got a new pin from the dealer, fitted it in 10 minutes (literally) and voila, took her from a 430 ish fps ***** cat to a 940 fps bruiser. One hole at 50 yds with JSB Exacts all day

I'm only 50 mins from a dive shop so it's not too bad. Almost everyone I know who has bought a pump has got ticked off with it real quick. It's LOT of work apparently, particularly at the higher pressures.

Cheers

DaveD
    If you don't live on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

So I was doing a bit of fantasizing on D&L... Then I looked at my total and it turned into a nighmare Why do things have to add up so fast?

Tax and shipping will kill you! Plus all those ...79.99s with tax and shipping turn into 100s.
    What you looking at....? Lynx...?
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

Yea, I was checking out options with the Lynx. Lynx, hill pump, some accessories, and almost a grand without a scope. Still trying to figure out what kind of scope I want.

Well - dont want this to be to easy on you - so
    Air Arms S410 - left hand stock - .22 cal. [ yes I am a AA freak ]
    Rifle - 1000.00
    Fill station - get yourself a big bottle of nitrogen - 80.00 for the contract - one year
    80.00 for a fill - will last a long long long time with just one shooter - like year
    Regulator to fill with - 400.00 to 600.00 - depends what you find
    hose and related equip. - 100.00
    You will now have a awesome rifle that you will never wish to get rid off
    A fill station that lasts along time - because of your location
    And the addiction begins - lol
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by rocker45 View Post
    Well - dont want this to be to easy on you - so
    Air Arms S410 - left hand stock - .22 cal. [ yes I am a AA freak ]
    Rifle - 1000.00
    Fill station - get yourself a big bottle of nitrogen - 80.00 for the contract - one year
    80.00 for a fill - will last a long long long time with just one shooter - like year
    Regulator to fill with - 400.00 to 600.00 - depends what you find
    hose and related equip. - 100.00
    You will now have a awesome rifle that you will never wish to get rid off
    A fill station that lasts along time - because of your location
    And the addiction begins - lol
    Brian
    The S410 is a very beautiful gun but I would rather go with Non Pal for now. Although the nitrogen tank is an interesting idea if I could find a cheap regulator. Plus, If I get a lefty only stock I will be the only one in the family to shoot it. Both a good and bad thing. :p

+ Reply to Thread