ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Backpacker

Backpacker

Just a quick note. I bought this rifle way back in the day because it looked cool and came with a removable stock and pistol grips and fit into my backpack. Don't really know why I never bought a break barrel or co2, but hey, I was young.

It boasted 495fps out of the box. I seem to remember a max pump of 20 and never went above that. I could shoot past 100yds easy. It would embed copperhead flathead pellets 1" into a tree from 25yds. I've heard if you change the bolt you can get a higher fps, but that was totally hearsay.

If you've got one, enjoy. If you want one, I recommend it if you want a gun you can hide in a backpack and don't want to sped the $$$ on co2.

000000000000026608.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstoker View Post
    If you've got one, enjoy. If you want one, I recommend it if you want a gun you can hide in a backpack and don't want to sped the $$$ on co2.
    Not to mention that cold weather doesn't affect it as opposed to Co2. Get yourself a FTP http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/...ston-kit-p-194, hollow bolt http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/...iscovery-p-452, and have fun!

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

The 2289 is actually discontinued (only one vendor I am aware of still has stock)- but, you could do the same thing with any of the Crosman products using the same frame- i.e. 1377, 2240- install the stop pin and spring like on the rear of the frame of the 2289, add a Crosman removable stock and a longer barrel (keeping in mind to keep it under 500fps unless you want to have a "Restricted firearm" to deal with) and you've got a take-down carbine.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I changed out the barrel to .22 and added a steel breech. I'm going to use the stock on a new 2240XL, but there is no retaining plunger

+ Reply to Thread