ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delrin Rod

Delrin Rod

Looking to find a place (Ottawa area) to purchase Delrin rod - 1/4" - 1" diameter.

Thanks,
    Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

Fastenal....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Holy Christ, I'm dumb as a stump at times! I never even thought to check there...

Pretty bad when a guy on the other side of Canada has to direct me to a store 60 miles from home!

Thanks, Bob!
    Todd

I wish I had a Fastenal only 60 miles away.... Try 2.5 hours - each way....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Can't speak for the Fastenal in the West end of Ottawa, but whom I presume to be the "manager" of the East end location (Industrial) is not cool in my opinion (apparently customers are expected to pay for their mistakes).

That being said, there are piles of plastics places around Ottawa, Laird Platics, another big one on Industrial Avenue (they distribute to the other guys- i.e. Fastenal, Laird and such).
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Got mine from Johnston Plastics. Not sure about the others, but the one in Edmonton sells stuff 1" and up by the foot...the rest is by the length. 1/2" white Acetal was 1.05/ft in a 10' length....I'm set for life.

http://www.johnstonplastics.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gippeto View Post
    1/2" white Acetal was 1.05/ft in a 10' length....I'm set for life.
    $1.05/ft? Geez - they're not local, but I might have to check them out in Montreal when we go to the Nascar race later this summer. Fastenal here is $3.69/ft for the same thing! Thanks for the link!

@ Eric: Thanks for the heads up regarding the "management" in the east end. Laird was one place I was planning on looking into, although they don't list any prices on their site. Have to pick up a ball hone at Acklunds-Grainger anyways, so I will check them out while I'm in the area...then may as well go down the street to Princess Auto...then across the street to Busy Bee...Better make a list!

@ Bob: Ya, 5hrs round trip kinda takes the fun out of it, eh? Hope your not going uphill both ways!
    Todd

Where Bob lives it is up hill both ways.

Does Johnston deal with the public, or are they wholesale only? Ran into that before, with Acklands/Granger. They were pretty prickish about it too.

White acetal? Isn't that what crosman uses for check buttons, and stem seal?

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Johnston will deal with the public...your money spends just as well as anyone elses....go figure. :)

The Acklands/Grainger locally does business with whomever walks through the door. Order my low head SHCS from them. Not official policy, or perhaps my store has smarter management......

The check "buttons" in a pumper? The ones I've seen are teflon....I've never seen a delrin stem seal that was "factory" either. The newer stem seals seem to be some sort of injection moldable plastic, not sure what it is, but it's too soft to be nylon. Did get some "old school" stems from AB airguns a long time ago...they had a brass head with a teflon seal.

If you need some 1/2" white delrin/acetal shoot me a pm.

Al

+ Reply to Thread