ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dammit...more stuff from ScopesAndAmmo/AirGunEric......

That would be it- I have no idea what the issue is/isn't. I suspect, as someone mentioned about that some "politics" might be at play, but I don't think that's a major factor. I think it must be something to do with the website- if someone understands they can pick products by manufacturer, or product "type" and if this fails, the Search feature works quite well (but then someone needs to know what they are looking for)- things work exceptionally well. If however, someone has no idea what they "want" (and this is somewhat common it seems) perhaps it is just too "overwhelming" for them?

Personally, I find websites without a "search" feature to be a crap-shoot and generally a waste of time. However, I'm beginning to wonder if many people who really don't have anything specific in mind prefer the overly simplistic setups on some stores- like reviews from the 'owner' on a product (sure, that's a good concept- not gonna see a crap review on a product they want to sell, obviously) or some people like the idea of clicking a random button and seeing what pops up?

However, that still does not explain people who have bought in the past, apparently like the service and the price, and then are seemingly unaware of a product/price offered and recommend people elsewhere-often a place with a higher price and no better service quality- this is the big one that eludes me and causes the most consternation...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

IMO, Eric, your website is one of the best - if not thee best out there. As Hammer eluded to, everything is broken down nicely into sub-sections - about as straight forward as you can get, not to mention the BEST prices out there!

And...if people actually took the time to read your homepage, it quite clearly states: "For any other questions - please check the Information Box to the left of this line on the screen." Not sure how you can make it any easier than that? I think about 1/4 of the products I've purchased have never been advertised on the site (or weren't at the time). One simple e-mail asking if you had or can get 'X' was all it took...

So...you've got the best prices; easy, straightforward website, and always promptly answer any inquiries regarding products/product availability. Other than offering PayPal (which is a waste of time, IMO), I really don't know how you can make it any better for us consumers.

Some people will never learn...
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

Quote Originally Posted by sholo View Post
    . Other than offering PayPal (which is a waste of time, IMO)

Some people will never learn...
    Hey I just graduated up to using PayPal... lol
    Call me paranoid but I am not ready to start doing my banking online yet, but I do understand the pain PayPal can cause to the retailer especially, not to mention the 4% fee it charges for use... Eric has touched on why he does not use it in the past!

I agree that the website is very easily navigated and lets the consumer know to ask if a specific product is not listed.

Me thinks there are still ruffled feathers out there over the start up of this forum, and the events that led up to it. When cooler heads prevail all will be well! until then I will continue to enjoy great prices and service from Scopes and Ammo....
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

I have ordered from Eric a few times. I find his site very easy to use and he is always quick to fire you back a email to any questions you might have about a product or a order you placed. Just a all round good experience. There is only one thing that I dislike about the store, He has more things that I want then I have money,lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    There is only one thing that I dislike about the store, He has more things that I want then I have money,lol

100%
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    He has more things that I want then I have money,lol
    I second this motion!
    My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

+ Reply to Thread