That would be it- I have no idea what the issue is/isn't. I suspect, as someone mentioned about that some "politics" might be at play, but I don't think that's a major factor. I think it must be something to do with the website- if someone understands they can pick products by manufacturer, or product "type" and if this fails, the Search feature works quite well (but then someone needs to know what they are looking for)- things work exceptionally well. If however, someone has no idea what they "want" (and this is somewhat common it seems) perhaps it is just too "overwhelming" for them?

Personally, I find websites without a "search" feature to be a crap-shoot and generally a waste of time. However, I'm beginning to wonder if many people who really don't have anything specific in mind prefer the overly simplistic setups on some stores- like reviews from the 'owner' on a product (sure, that's a good concept- not gonna see a crap review on a product they want to sell, obviously) or some people like the idea of clicking a random button and seeing what pops up?

However, that still does not explain people who have bought in the past, apparently like the service and the price, and then are seemingly unaware of a product/price offered and recommend people elsewhere-often a place with a higher price and no better service quality- this is the big one that eludes me and causes the most consternation...