ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Appaparently I am not very "SAFE"...

Appaparently I am not very "SAFE"...

Getting late, was going through a pile of items needing repair when I pulled out a Pro 77 that's been laying around about a year now (was a second try warranty exchange, Crosman told me to "just keep it" on the last one). Couldn't remember what the issue was, so I got it to jiggle the receiver top, pull the trigger and so on (I did remember it wasn't a leak problem). And wouldn't you know it- dumbass and not paying attention, I had left a single BB and a Co2 caplet in it a year ago, and managed to shoot my pinky at 1/2" range. BBs smart, dang it!

Lesson reminded. Better a Pro77 shooting BBs with a half empty Co2 caplet than a Colt 45 or such...

Gotta stop doing this sort of thing late at night.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Holy hell!

Good thing you didn't look down the barrel!
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

I have a pellet sized hole in the ceiling of my spare bedroom/work area to remind me to be "SAFE". So you are in good company, it happens to all of us sometime or later. Hope your local press does not get a hold of this story though, you'll be front page news!!!
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

It was the first time I actually "shot" myself. I've had a few incidents in years gone by where things like a stock cracked and threw a barrel into my chin, managed to 'zing' myself with a spring once on a disassembly ("zing" as in the noise it made as it released and found my fingers a couple feet down the liine...).

Don't know where the BB ended up- bounced off my finger, hit a box of envelopes on a packaging shelf, rebounded back past me and hit something on another shelf (plastic). If anyone ever gets a part from me and finds a used BB in the box, that would be where it came from (I'm not going to tear things apart looking for one lost BB).

Hey- maybe that could be like a "Where's Waldo" sort of deal- "Find the BB in your package" !

I have the firearms safety course book I could send to you.

Thanks- I'm pretty sure I have a copy or two hiding in the pile somewhere.

Oh my! So glad it wasn`t worse Eric! When I was eleven a bigger kid in the neighbourhood was showing off a real BB pump rifle until it was empty. He fired it a few times into the mud and nothing came out. He then held the muzzle up against his lower lip to feel how much air pressure there was. Yup! After he fired, the BB split his lip, he danced like hell and bled like crazy. That single first hand lesson some fifty-three yrs ago has never left me and served me well. No such thing as an unloaded gun, period!

Did you slap your forehead afterwards and say "I don't believe I did that", Eric ?

I worked for Busy Bee tools a while back and one of our customers was a Calgary ER Doc. He reckoned that when people came to the ER with thier fingers in a bag of ice etc. they always slapped thier foreheads and said " I don't believe I did that".

Take it easy, buddy.

DaveD
    If you don't live on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

from experiance , it's when you became over confident about tools/ field of work that accident append , i have 3 bad finger to remember to be safe whit overhead crane ....

That would be it- comfort level is too high and 'safety' gets missed. I hope I have learned my lesson- if there's a next time could be alot worse.

+ Reply to Thread