ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P17

Hybrid View

P17

Has anyone done any mods to their P17 to increase the fps?

There isn't much that can be done to them, due to the tiny valve volume. A few on the "other" forum have put slightly longer Crosman soda straw bbls onto them, but the gain is minimal.

If you want velocity out of a pistol, the Alecto would be the way to go.

I accept mine for what it is- an accurate, inexpensive practice pistol. It wears the cheap little Tasco .22 red dot, and is a lot of plinking fun as is.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

I got a link on the other forum for the P17
    www.network54.com/Forum/275684/t...e+finished
    This tells how to make it into a multi pumper

There is one mod that you can do, that I am doing myself. You need to cut a small piece of duct work metal tape, just large enough to fit over the face of the piston. Put it in place with some high bonding type of glue. This gives the area in the end of the compression chamber less space and therefore a higher level of compression. While your in there, make sure the breath hole is smooth and the overall chamber is smooth and machined well. Get some metal finishing sand paper at 1200 grit and just give it a nice smooth over. Can't hurt. Moly the piston up before you put it back in and make sure that seal is on and not damaged. If it is replace it. A drop of compression chamber oil in the cylnder dead center bottom before you replace the piston. Yields about 17 - 25 fps increase. Free. easy to do, take about 30 minutes in total. I love my P17. It has a cheap crosman red dot on it and i can hit dime sized at 20 feet all day long. Loves RWS super domes. Crosman pointed are garbage in this thing. Destroyers are junk too.

I love the over level pnuematic design for air pistols. Accuracy and and some good fps. The over level springer pistols seem super nice too, with more kick though and a little more time getting used to shooting them. Never owned one just going on what is common knowledge here :)

+ Reply to Thread