ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sneaky German B@stards!

It was in a British magazine from 2006.
    I have some of the plastic pellets but never liked them. The boat tails are still listed on AG Arizona site. and Promethis still has a web site.

I've been doing some research on the RWS Field Line of pellets, which are the ones I'm most familiar with.... Here is a complete listing....

http://rws-munition.de/en/sports/pro...s.html#!16/0/0

The only one I can see that has a nearly direct version in the H&N lineup is the .25 cal SuperDome which is VERY close to an H&N Baracuda in weight and shape.... The only significant difference is that the largest diameter on the head of the pellet on the H&N has a short parallel section whereas the RWS has quite a sharp edge there.... All the other RWS Field Line pellets are either significantly different in shape or weight to the nearest H&N....

In addition, none of the RWS Sport Line or Basic Line have direct equivalents in the H&N line either.... H&N don't have anything that light in their wadcutter lineups....

RWS pellets may well be made by H&N, but if so, the ones in those three "lines" at least are made to specific RWS designs....

Bob
    Last edited by rsterne; Mar 31 2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

+ Reply to Thread