Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    So now we have
    H&N et al.
    JSB et al.
    Crosman..and I'm sure some of these are chinese
    Chinese et al.

...oh and of course Vogel

The list is getting pretty short.
    There are other manufacturers- but their variety of products are pretty limited;

Coal- Slovenia, mainly .177 and a couple .22.
    Vogel, Germany, only .177 in 3 types.
    Chinese company "Quan Jian" or somesuch- only Match .177 and as expensive as any of the European products.
    Prospero, Estonia, only 2 pellets, both .177 and heavy, nothing apparently worth speaking about in respect to them.
    Apolo- Argentina, no reviews to be found anywhere, have .177 and .22 but not a huge variety.
    Daisy- pellets made in Taiwan- seem to be very good in respect to quality and accuracy for the price, but certainly not European match quality.
    Air Arms- made by/where?
    Gamo- Spain and China, huge variety, not found to be very accurate by most people.
    Eun Jin- South Korea, heavyweight and large calibers- work very well in some guns, not so well in others.
    Skenco- all alloy/plastic products, origin country unknown but Skenco is US-based. Accuracy debatable.
    Crosman- all made in USA, but so many products in the lineup they are everything from "Premium" down to the lower levels of quality.

There's probably a couple others I'm forgetting...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

While SOME of the RWS pellets may be H&N, there are two that DEFINITELY have no H&N equivalvent.... the RWS Super Hollow Point and Super Dome, in either .177 or .22 cal.... The RWS Hobbies are only 6.9 gr. (later ones seem to be 7.0 gr.) and they have a ribbed skirt.... I can't find any H&N wadcutter equivalent to those either.... I don't know about the Super Point 8.2 gr., I don't have a very good selection of pointed pellets.... However, I don't see an H&N pointed listed in equivalent weight....

In .22 cal, RWS Hobbies are 11.9 gr..... and again I can't find any H&N that light.... Same thing applies to the Super Point at 14.5 gr.... I can't find an H&N Pointed in that weight, they are heavier....

I'm pretty observant when it comes to pellets, and if the common RWS pellets have a direct H&N equivalent I haven't seen them....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Here is the Stoeger line that LeBaron's is carrying, bottom of page. Scroll down when screen turns black, or page won't come up...Don't know why this is...(?)
    http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_files_sp12...er_airguns.pdf
    Last edited by sholo; Mar 30 2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

Sneaky...yes ....smart?...YES!
    its sad that people buy blindly thinking just because of a name brand its better
    ie. i used to work in an ice cream cone factory....the more expensive name brand cones came off the same like as the no name brand....and all shapes and sizes were made with the exact same batter!!!!(aside from the sugar cones...oh n fyi only buy sugar cones...trust me on this one... worked in a suit store too n guess what ...armani come from the same place your generic suit comes from and the cost to the store is the same for one as for the other...lol....)
    now i know other things may have a better inspection and whatnot during certain runs on products but just do your homework is what im getting at i guess
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion ...but only mine is right!
    DAVE G

Quote Originally Posted by rsterne View Post
    ...there are two that DEFINITELY have no H&N equivalvent...
    For the RWS line, there may be alot that have no direct equivalent- but I'm still betting they are all made by H&N at this point- but perhaps to more custom specs. than any of the others.

like a subcontract thay make it to specs of the customer and pay for the special molds etc. append all the time in my buesness

I think it's realistic to compare direct copies.... ie Beeman and H&N in most types (the Laser being an exception).... However, when you consider how different the RWS pellets I am familiar with are to the closest H&N.... it would be like comparing a Chevy with a 3.5 litre Turbo to a Pontiac with a 5 litre normally aspirated because they are both GM.... It's interesting that they may both come from the same factory.... The fact that the molds are completely different makes the resulting pellets shoot differently.... and that is what we as shooters care about....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

This is a very interesting thread for me since i shoot all german pellets in my all german guns.
    Stoger x sport .22 in my HW45 which yes im discovering is H&N 423 fps for the first shot since hws slow down a bit after a few shots.
    RWS Hobby in my 177 HW40, 415 fps
    RWS Super dome .22 HW 85 which does 725 fps

One brand I did not see listed is Promethius.
    They have some odd stuff. Reading an old magazine from 2006 they had an article on a boat tail pellet which was supposed to change the whole air gun world. I found these pellets listed on the Air guns of Arizona site. Just wondered if any one had tried them?

Is 'Prometheus' still in business? Their older pellets (alot of plastic) were a bit 'so-so' in respect to accuracy- I think the people who liked them the best were shooting them at short ranges (i.e. 10m or less) indoors.

Also, on a side-note- obviously that "boat tailed" pellet did not change the airgun world...

-but nice try to whoever made that statement (marketing department?)

+ Reply to Thread